Reviews for The Unsavoury Character
leavesfallingup chapter 6 . 10/8/2013
Why did Thornton run off? And why did he come back pretending to be someone else? It doesn't necessarily fit with his character... unless he left to conduct some sort of espionage or something similar? That would be in keeping with his character.
leavesfallingup chapter 4 . 10/8/2013
Is she jumping to conclusions?
leavesfallingup chapter 3 . 10/8/2013
Her father or someone else should be involved in these meetings anyway. Though in her twenties, a single female in that time wasn't usually allowed to be alone with a single man... or even some married men.

Thornton is being surprisingly honest and straightforward about his interest. I suppose that fits his character better.
leavesfallingup chapter 2 . 10/8/2013
And thus the man is smitten. So many society ladies who bore him to tears and then here comes this firebrand who can fence, despite his aspersions, and who can outshoot him. Whether he admits it or not, he has to be intrigued.
leavesfallingup chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
A fun and eventful first chapter. I like her character, though her maid is next to useless and her coach driver...

Thornton likes to play the bad guy, all the while doing the right thing. Intersting character.
leavesfallingup chapter 7 . 5/8/2013
A very enjoyable story. It might have been longer, but it didn't need to be. You accomplished all that was needed in 7 chapters. Now, if you changed your mind and decided to rewrite the story in novel form...
Este91 chapter 7 . 3/24/2013
A very entertaining and humorous story! The plot line was superb, and I LOVED the characters - they somewhat reminded me of Sophy and Charles from The Grand Sophy, by Georgette Heyer (mother of regency romances, besides Jane Austen, IMO!).

Some constructive criticism:
The story was trifle short - there was oodles of room for description and character development, and allowing their relationship to grow into that most marvellous conclusion.

On the whole, a B.E.A -utiful piece! Keep practising; I shall follow!
The Quotidian Life chapter 7 . 11/1/2012
Short, but an enjoyable read nonetheless.

Cheers,
TQL
JBK chapter 7 . 8/7/2012
A fun little tale.
C.Turtle chapter 7 . 5/22/2011
This was...i am speechless

This was the best, best i've ever read...
WishBlade chapter 7 . 9/5/2010
Hahaha, I love the ending! Awesome story ]
MistressBlack852 chapter 7 . 4/6/2010
it was a short story but so cute!

i really liked it
Dwindling Fire chapter 7 . 3/5/2010
gnaw *goes all mushy* loved it!
SilentShadow chapter 7 . 3/5/2009
the story is really nice, you kept it short and entertaining so it was very easy to read. even with such small chapters u put the necessary details needed but i think u lacked details on their...attraction,t putting a little big more sexual tension would have made it a whole lot better. Also, the character development was really flat. you didn't realli explain the characters in details, which affected the emotional setting of the story. Over all great work. but u can do better, you hav potential.
Pink and Black Sharpies chapter 7 . 12/25/2008
I really enjoyed this story! Great Job!
71 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »