Reviews for Slip
GingerWolfy chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
all i can really say is OH MY FUCKING GODS I THINK IM IN LOVE!

the way youve written this is absolutly amazing..it gets a little confusing at times with the flashes of memory and such but i think it would have taken something away to have it all make too much sense..it is so hard to find good stories like this and i know practically every review for this story says the same thing but dude i just cant help it..i love the psycho analysis shit and i think ive only come accross maybe one other story that was this deep and intense..amazing work!
B.S.W chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
Wow. Just...wow! This is one of the best things I have read in here. The plot an the character are both: disturbing and interesting. Also the flashbacks and flash forwards do something amazing for the story, I could only describe them as charming and smooth parenthesis...or something like that.
Congratulations on this outstanding piece! I loved it even if it was kind of disturbing and sad.
whotevar chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
That was brilliant. Just, wow. Thank you for sharing.
PhrasesForTheYoung chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
that was awesome.
kazoua chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Fuck.

Really, really, really fucking sad.
Thornton chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
This is beautiful, disturbing, brilliant writing. I truly admire the way you've given a despicable narrator such a compelling, at times even sympathetic, voice and put a fascinating twist on the cliched psychology of 'the cycle of abuse'. All the little details in this are impeccable-El Diablo Espanol, Shawn and his toy cars-and the prose is consistently smooth. Excellent work, really. One of the most powerful stories I've seen on this site.

One tiny nitpicking question, though: Why are the words 'in front' always blurred together here? Just typos, or am I missing something?

So have you stopped writing, or are you just shopping your stories elsewhere these days?
Ravensbleeding chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Wow.
M.R.Astley chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
A chilly and disturbing story that is strangely tender at times, this reminds me in parts of Dennis Cooper, and as he's one of my favourite writers that can be counted as a compliment. The writer has riffs and themes that are prevalent in my writing so I suppose I was always going to be receptive to this story. Great dialogue in parts and some inspired passages of writing. A bracing trip into hell.
miss.venerable chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
Wow...this was insane. But amazingly well written.
StellaWasADiver chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Very well written, but not really my cup of tea. This guy is so unrelentingly vicious that it makes it difficult for me to find any common ground with him.
C. Hinton chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
Sheesh, no wonder you don't waste your time on bad fiction. Yours is damnably good!

The beginning is a little too disorienting for my tastes, too many euphemisms. But once it really starts rolling this thing just doesn't stop.

Great work!
John Michael Christopher chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
That was a brilliant story. Out of curiosity, why only one chapter? Does that not effect the amount of feedback you can use?

A couple things- in the future, the guy is not just a pedophile and rapist; he's a serial killer, no? Since he obviously fails to cop an insanity plea, where does that land him where he can have unrestricted physical contact with his therapist? This scene immediately follows the one in the showers, which doesn't support special priveledges on account of behavior. The scene also immediately preceeds the one where he takes the slipper: delirium or complete fabrication- was everything that came before, and was what would come after?

I think I find that the most awesome part of this story. To me, this guy never took a slipper, returned back to his past from the future, and rescued himself in the only way he knew how. I think he's been here all along, hiding among us. As mentioned before, this story is a case study delving into the deviant mind.

Consider how easily the deviant can recognize parts of himself in two pedophiles, follow them, and seize control over their victim, a victim with whom he identifies with and sees as a manifestation of his younger self, especially if he has done hard time or committed murder.

Then the guy dies. You know how they say the mind's effect on the body can be greater than its environment? This deviant in particular makes claims to practice honing his mind, does he not? Additionally, narcotics and cocktails will also facilitate delusions of grandeur and induce death, whether the instrument of suicide or accidental overdose.

Even the literal interpretation of the story speaks volumes on subject matter I personally find intriging. I think a tight plot, well developed characters, and superior writing make this story one of the most fascinating reads on this site.
Bunburyodo chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
So he raped himself in the past? That's so nasty but so interesting! You should write more, but you haven't updated for a while.
Zenerai chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
I'd like to give you a review but after that I'm at a loss for words. Amazingly, insanely disturbing. Perfectly, unabashidly written... it is what it is... Great, Dreamshell.
Kyllorac chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
Beautifully written. Dark, gritty, and surreal, yet not. Reminds me quite a bit of Stephen King's writing.