Reviews for burning paradise
CiaoMonAmi chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
The first stanza was my favorite.

I really have no idea what else to say. Just, I love it, simple as that. You have an awesome way with words, and when I read it I feel like I'm seeing it, with all its faults, too.
luv me like no other chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
I don't really know how to interpret this, but I thought it was pretty cool. Especially the line about sure things: "what are those if you can’t take advantage?"
angelaparton chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
I was reading this again and decided I'd better tell you how much I love it. Of all your poems this is the one I come back to most. Using Barbie to tell the story was brilliant and makes me think of lost innocence or girls who are given reality when they've spent their life expecting Barbie's perfectly made world. It reminds, in a way, of the song "Stealing Kisses" by Lori McKenna and her lines:

I was stealing kisses from a boy, now I'm begging affection from a man.

...anyway, I think what you've got here is just brilliant. I wish I was as good with words as you are then I wouldn't be scratching surfaces when I try to describe what it means to me. But basically, I love it and think everyone should love it too.
Kissing Concrete chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
this is the tragic fairy tale of barbie's life. that's at least what i got, i dont know if there was more or not. i like it:)
Kumquat21 chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
Brilliant. That. Was. Completely. Brilliant. Get this published. Now.
feeling-good chapter 1 . 2/7/2007
lovely
arohalove chapter 1 . 1/11/2007
So, my mom read this and she thought it was a girl acting out her home life and parent's relationship through her dolls. I don't know if that was what you were going for but pretty cool that so much can be read into this poem. Its really amazing.
otakuprincess chapter 1 . 12/6/2006
Wow, that...was kick ass. I loved it, the motion of the poem and just how you portrayed barbie pretty much as a real person rather than a plastic plaything. Loved the opening as well and the amazing imagery. Wonderful work.