Reviews for Place of Truth
Vince Loring chapter 12 . 3/4/2009
The jury is still out about this poem. I dont know how i feel about it because it is so...obscure to me.

I dont understand "crimson ease."

was that supose to be a vampire referance?

sorry for the hasty review, but i cant get anything more out of this.

Vince Loring
Imalefty chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
i like how you've made poverty into a sort of living thing... it's kind of scary. it's an interesting thing to write a poem about - i haven't encountered many poems that deal with poverty. (no, scratch that, this is probably the only one.)

hm... maybe it's just stylistic, but in the 6th line "poverty is like an icy rain," i would take out "like." you started the poem with "poverty is the spirit..." and i think it might be more effective if you continued with that kind of strong language.

interesting how you start out with a question, too. i personally wouldn't do it, but i think it works well with this poem.

i like it short - you don't take too many words to say what you want to say. :)

anyway, good job! (if this isn't in depth enough... i'm sorry! i don't often review poems...)

-Lefty
Eventhorizon42 chapter 14 . 9/30/2007
Yeah! The friends/stars poem! It makes me very happy. "Falling for you" was fun, too. I imagine you flopping over multiple times in his presence. he he-Evie
Luna Turner chapter 13 . 9/9/2007
Eek... *shudders*. Morbid once more. AND I LOVE IT! HAHA... okay. I'm done. I liked it. Alot.

Luna Turner chapter 12 . 9/9/2007
Do you like sand? Sorry. Just wondering. I suppose it can be used as a good metaphor and all. I mean, it's so much more than tiny grains, you know? It was morbid. I enjoyed it. Morbid's my middle name... hehe... okay Kathleen, stop freaking them out.

Luna Turner chapter 11 . 9/9/2007
God I'm jealous. You suck. I hate you. How can you write such awesome poetry. I'm so ashamed of my stuff. Shesh. I hate you.

Luna Turner chapter 6 . 9/9/2007
I like it. It's very truthful. Now, I'm not a non fiction writer. To put it simply- I suck at it. But anyways- enough about myself. You put poetry in a way that it's truthful, but not boring like "Oh my God, let it be over!" no. It's very good. Not many people can do that. Not even me... hehe... I'm kidding. Okay people, please don't think I'm self absorbed... I'M NOT! Hehe... I think I need to stop.

Luna Turner chapter 5 . 7/25/2007
This one was good too. I liked it alot.

you know what? you know who I am, I'm going to stop signing my name.
Luna Turner chapter 4 . 7/25/2007
That's funny. Really funny. I'm being serious. No, honestly. It was funny.

Luna Turner chapter 3 . 7/25/2007
This one's my favorite. Really amazing job. You have a gift.

Luna Turner chapter 2 . 7/25/2007
I liked this one. It describes sand in a poetic way. Nice.

Luna Turner chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
I wrote a poem about poverty. Yea, it's on here, but it's nothing like this one. You did a good job.

Archipelago chapter 3 . 3/24/2007
I like the rhyme of this, though foxes just aren't my kind of animal.
almostthegoldenchild chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
Good poetry is hard to write. YOur poems all have intersting shapes, which just adds to the amazing idea that you expresise well. In some ways, The poems are all quite similar, but all still very intersting in there own way. I especially liked the first poem, What is poverty. not so hot on the jolt poem
Saikai chapter 4 . 12/31/2006
The review throttle wouldn't let me review Fox, sorry, so here is two in one.

Fox:

It reminded me of my poem, "Serpent"

Jolt: My Favorite. :)