Reviews for Of Disillusions
eiyuang999 chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
hi !

C.F. Anne chapter 7 . 3/4/2008
Oh, wow, so you FINALLY posted again! *cheers* that makes me so happy! (: This was a great chapter, though and well worth the wait. It flowed very well, and you put just enough descriptions. Honestly, it was a very well written chapter. I hope the next one will be put up soon.
l. fayette chapter 7 . 2/25/2008
YAY! update!

First off:

“There was no battle? No deaths? No injured?” disbelief made its home upon Sara’s delicate brow.

Capitilize disbelief.

As per usual, the story is solid as is dialogue. I think though that maybe you could infuse the Persian setting more so, in the nature of architecture, clothing, fabric, scent, furniture, fashion, etc. Persia is so foreign to most readers and they cannot fill in the blanks as we can easily do with works set in Europe or the like. So yep.
Le Meg chapter 6 . 11/2/2007
I loved the speech the King gave in this last chapter, that was awesome. The entire story seems very well researched - either you know a lot about the Persians or you're fantastic at faking it, lol. Either way, it's pretty awesome. I'm interested to see where this little attempted truce goes and what the King will do in response. And there's also the mystery of the missing brother - missing people are my favorite, they always make stories so much more interesting. There's that element of surprise, that outside influence. So kudos for a great story so far. ;]
C.F. Anne chapter 6 . 8/25/2007
Beautifully written. a job well done, and I can't wait to read more. (: PLEASE update sooner. lol. you're keeping us in so much suspense!
C.A. Sangster chapter 6 . 8/23/2007
Yay you updated! i'm so glad that Anoush wasn't harmed! argh I really don't like the king, her husband. He's so selfish and infuriating! Anyways it was a awesom chapter as always, can't wait for the next chapter!

Chels.
A.X. Balov'czeko chapter 6 . 8/20/2007
I'm so excited to have read another wonderful chapter! You kept me in such suspense, too- war seemed so imminent, and a thousand possibilities swarmed in my head about what consequences battle would have on Anoush, on Nazanin, even Yazdan. I didn't except the outcome you offered your readers but I savored it that much more. It was perfectly executed, and well worth the wait.

Speaking of wait, I actually admire that you post chapter at a gradual pace. It means you take your time to produce a chapter to the best of your abilities, however don't forget and abandon the story entirely. I would rather wait a few weeks, months even, for a well-thought, creative, exciting update than have weekly or bi-weekly, even daily chapters posted that were sub-quality, un-edited and poorly planned. And, naturally, the longer it takes to reach the end the longer I enjoy the tale!

Thanks for another wonderful post. Happy writing!

Valah
Fairytale Gurl chapter 5 . 8/9/2007
wow this is breathtaking!

but how can she go from loving yazdan to loving anoush so quickly. i think she just loves anoush as a re-bound. please let her still be in love with yazdan and let him come to her senses!
Kohlomere chapter 5 . 6/24/2007
Hey, I finally rediscovered your marvelous story!

I am so sorry for Nazanin and poor Anoush who would treat her better than any king could. As for Donya, her existance is pretty sad too, "a toy" indeed!

Keep it up, E.
A.X. Balov'czeko chapter 5 . 6/12/2007
It's been a while, indeed. But ever so nice to see you haven't lost faith in your story, and that you're willing to be patient with its completion. I would have to say, you accomplished a lot in this chapter- and I liked that Nazanin opened up about her past. It's as if, as the story furthers, she gradually leads us into her character. Mysterious and fascinating. (And I like how Anoush has less of an obvious personality than Nazanin- it allows her to shine in the relationship and keep the focus on her story). That said, I felt this chapter was ironclad. As in, it clunked a bit. The beginning was slow in it entry, I thought, and though Nazanin's insight of war attested to her liberal (in her era) perspective, I felt it could be a little more concise. The description of the pendant/Nazanin giving it to Anoush seemed too stereotypical of this kind of scene. You are a very, very talented writer and superbly imaginative- you don't need to resort to plot devices! I have faith in you. :) Now, THAT said, it's been a while since you've posted, so you're rusty and I cut you a huge break.

Best wishes in your writing always-

Valah
C.F. Anne chapter 5 . 6/9/2007
Hey! It's Korea Gal (I changed my named after finishing "Faith Will Lead You On" Have you read the ending, yet?). It made me sad that it took so long for you to update when you said you had everything planned? Are you deliberatly hurting us by such long delays? lol. j/k. This chapter was worth the wait. Poor Nazanin. I am eager to see what happens. (:
l. fayette chapter 5 . 6/9/2007
...wait, is she pregnant?

anyways, i LOVE this story, love love LOVE it and you MUST update ASAP!
C.A. Sangster chapter 5 . 6/9/2007
Aw its sad that Anoush had to go away to war. That stupid king Yazden makes me so angry, he really doesn't seem to understand anything, i mean come on does he really think shes going to be okay with his so called 'toy'. Anyway...

Great as always! can't wait for the next chapter.
l. fayette chapter 4 . 4/24/2007
ah, great chapter!

the head was a touch random though...perhaps i missed something?
A.X. Balov'czeko chapter 4 . 4/16/2007
I am so excited to see an update! And well worth the wait. You really moved the story forward in this chapter, and as ever, historic and cultural details were on the mark. It was wonderfully emotional, hauntingly somber and pleasantly read! If I have to wait another three months for a chapter up to par with this one, then I am perfectly satisfied. Great job as always.

-Valah