Reviews for The Chipper
Not Human chapter 1 . 12/19/2006
Parts of this remind me of Jack Ketchum's Off Season. It sure moves quickly, and it has gruesome implications. Your grammar is good, and the imagery is vivid. I haven't yet read anything else of yours, but based on this I would say that you could pull off a longer story and extend the atmosphere, build suspense, develop the characters more, stuff like that. All in all, a great story.
Fact or Fiction chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
Rather cliched - with the chipper and all - but good none the less. God, I'm still shivering. I was so damned sure that Carson and Greene were going to get eaten by the chipper. Sadly enough I had my eyes closed when trying to read it. I have to work on that... haha.

Somewhat slow, but I'm glad I stuck with it. It makes for a very good scare, and your use of adjectives was great. Descriptive, but no overly so.

The only problem was that some of it seemed a tad unrealistic. Who in their right mind chase after a corn thrower and try and call backup? But I suppose that all horror stories need some sort of exaggeration in them.

The gray beings could've used some more of your delicious descriptions. It could've added to the drama. And the chipper... what exactly was up with that? Was it possesed or something?

But yes, I think that'll be all. Duty calls. Happy writing,