Reviews for Jane Austen
BusyAsABeaver chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
Aw come on. She rocks.
Anneliese Eliot chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
If you refer to her writing then you must realize that both accepts to a marriage are portrayed in her novels. With Emma, the heroine was already rich and her other novels often feature marriages made for money and those made for love.

If you talk about Austen herself, she did not marry the man she loved. She didn't marry at all. So that truly does not apply to her, does it?
windy girl chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
I was never particularly fond of her writing style. I could never get past the first chapter of anything she had written. So, I don't know where I'd stand on that. I like the haiku though. :)

-pb
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
But that's the point - she writes satires on those values. Her writing is a satire on the type of society she grew up in, when she herself refused to take part in its superficiality.
disabled account chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
Oh, come now, she's not THAT bad. I mean, wasn't that what Sense and Sensibility was NOT about? I must admit that I favor the Brontes, but really, isn't this a bit rash? Adieu, Kat
Sophie Ulquiorra Allen chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
You make a sound point about Austen, one that I totally agree with.
greenGalilee chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
Your haikus have a knack for slicing a knife right to the point.

This one did an excellent job at that. (And I have to agree with you on Austen. Even though I won't deny that she deserves praise and even though I've read her novels-mostly to not be ignorant-I am definitely not an Austenite. My friends, however, are all mesmerized by Mr. Darcy, so we have a constant literary struggle.)

This haiku is absolutely great. It captures and holds the main theme - or philosophy, if you will- that I get from practically all of her novels.

Great work!
Basara chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
wow... true to some women...

nice...