Reviews for Mature, or just different?
lymli chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
I think the answers always are inside, it's a very thoughtful poem.

merry christmas and happy new year.
Keith Anthony Power Campbell chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
One of the problems with finding peers at school is that grades lump us together by age, while equal maturity is the true descriptor of peers.

I smirked a little at the irony of your being different from the other students being the mechanism to answer the questions caused by being different in the first place. It both creates and answers the questions, how convienient ;p.
Lady Alera Van Hexis chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
We are all really different but when I talk to you, I feel the same way: you are very mature... Your writing amazes me and your bravery against all of the people in your past that hurt you inspires me...

I wish that I was that brave...

I wish that I was as good of a writer as you.

For you, writing seems effortless, like breathing.

Thinking of you,

Lady Alera Van Hexis
Suicidal Skies chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
You have a very nice flow about your works. It's a conscious flow and ever questioning. You write quite well.

Thanks for the review
flies.like.decay chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
I hate reading your stuff. I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT. It makes me think. Nobody my age has ever told me I'm mature. They call me names and say stuff about how nobody could ever love me, poor me. FUCK THEM. God. I can't read any more of this right now -_-
Sarah Supernova chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
I know exactly how you feel. It hurts, it really does.. but I'm sure there must be someone else at your school who feels just as different..
Katja de Wit chapter 1 . 3/11/2007
Great poem, very relatable to.

Katja
Sophia Victoria chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
Don't worry, you're not the only one who is labeled as mature. . . oddly though, as immature as I think I am, many, no, I think ALL of my classmates labeled me as 'mature'. I don't really know why. . . but it makes me feel good inside because they look up to me as someone who they can run to if they have some problems of their own (which I think is pretty shallow, believe me. . . here's an example)

classmate: Darn . . . our football team lost the game. . .

Hell Phoenix: Yeah, I scrutinized the whole thing. . . (writes in her notebook)

classmate: hey!

Hell Phoenix: HUh? what is your damage?

classmate: well. . . you're the most mature here. . .

Hell Phoenix: Yeah, knew that. . .

classmate: (sarcastic)so, you like, have to help me. . .

Hell Phoenix: I can see that you take my status here in school for granted. You think I can help you if you're just acting like any other faddist here?

classmate: UH. . . what was that again?

Hell Phoenix: damn you to hell. . . what was the question again?

classmate: HELP ME! We lost our ultimate football game. . . so NOT FAIR!

(Hell Phoenix scratches her head)

Hell Ph: You're just wasting my time. . .

classmate: And I feel so chipped off, I am failing my grades! Even my girl doesn't offer me a blow-job anymore!(whines)

Hell Ph: fuckin faddist. . . too much thrilled on being an adult. . . I'm too lucky not to be having a crap-as-hell relationship though. . . I focuse on my goal in life.

classmate: really? what? (drools like mad)

Hell PH: (snickers) what, looking forward for some info to blab about to the whole campus?

classmate: No, just interested. . . you seem very mysterious to all of us, see?

Hell Ph: I. . . (speechless). . . well, I don't look for someone in my life, I look forward on bagging a Noble Award though. . . or something like that. . . awards that bestselling authors receive. . . so, I think you have to accept your lost.

classmate: Huh?

Hell Ph: you're not that slow, aren't you?

classmate: Double HUH?

Hell Ph: damn shit. . . I think you have to think about why you lose the game. Then evaluate your mistakes and straighten them up. Simple as that.

classmate: Huh. . . oh. . .yeah. . . Thanks!

Hell Ph: Glad I could help. (goes back to writing in her notebook) Now what story shall I post in FicPress?

Yeah, something like that. But even though I only encounter easy and shallow problems courtesy of my loud classmates, I am glad that I coudld help them, as much as I loathe their arrogant extertior. Anyway, I think the answer in your piece would be both. . . you see, being mature IS different. Not many teens out there has an advanced intrapersonal level like us. Being mature is an indication that you are now ready to face the adult world, the real world. We should be thankful though that we are mature. (my classmates and parents would say that my thinking is way advanced from my age which is thirteen. I don't feel offended, I actually pride being mature)

So, don't feel the negative. Being mature is being adult-minded and having an intrapersonal level way higher than most teens your age. Hope you get my point! Remember, you're not alone. I am also labeled as MATURE. And be proud of it. Its what make us different. Maybe also successful in future years... much more successful than the not-so-mature ones!

x/ Hell Phoenix /x
The blind palm reader chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
I thought this was excellent.

I know how you feel, sometimes being who you are shows the world you can really be better than others, not in the boasting way, but more in the reality way.

I really think your writing is amazing!

(O,O)

/(m m)\
a-random-writer chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
thats really good. it really makes one wonder about your questions...i think the society we live in today has conditioned its people to not think for themselves, but rather what a larger, more powerful *group* thinks...its like a large-scale peer pressure i guess...but back to my point, it really makes it difficult for people who do think for themselves to do so without being ridiculed...i hope that made any sense whatesoever...)
jojoba-music-girl chapter 1 . 12/13/2006
Very very true for me too! I love this poem, it's very relatable to me! I like that you used those short sentences, it makes it easy to read. Though it's not too simple, I like that it doesn't rhyme, but still has some poem-thing going on. Good work!
sweets555 chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
It was a little confusing at first, but when i read through it again it not only made a lot of sense, it made me go , "Hey! thats me!" which generally, is pretty good. in this case, it is. Great job!