Reviews for Ice Cream and Tears
PrincessPeach13 chapter 41 . 1/12/2012
Awww so glad I stumbled upon this story! You have a great writing style, and I love Luca and Frank's relationship! Thanks for a great read!
youpin chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
amazing job.
Midge-The-Hopeless-Romantic chapter 41 . 6/24/2007
AMAZING STORY!

MY FAVE SO FAR!
hopefulwriter1 chapter 41 . 4/16/2007
hey, sorry i didn't review the last couple chapters, i didn't have time AT ALL! too many things to do. but anyway, i thought the end (that being several chapters finishing off the story) were a little unrealistic. but very dramatic and interesting. definitely a good job :D
Katie chapter 41 . 4/8/2007
Oh wow...hahaha, just as I begin to think that maybe they shouldn't be together... This is the best ending this story could have had.

I LOVE IT.

How to describe it? I know what I want to say but the Monster Mash has turned my mind to mush. This story's partly about love, but it's mostly about Franki's self-discovery. She grows so much as a person, and at the end of this chapter she's just so different from the time when she was depressed with seriously low self-esteem...wow, that was much earlier on in the story. And Lucas stuck by her throughout it all. (Even though I still say Franki and Tim would've been good together)

This is a really unique way of writing an epilogue! Home movies are great. (It would've been horrible if she'd turned Lucas down though...in front of the camera as well)

'Lucas got settled in his school as the new politics and gym teacher' haha, he's way too nice to be a gym teacher!

But I can't believe it's over. Woah. It's like...the end of an era. And a truly amazing era it was! Loved reading this story, despite my sporadic reviews. Great job :]]

Was just reading your profile, and I'd love to be a beta reader, but I'm way too unreliable! (Have upcoming GCSEs as well...urrgh.) And there are loads of people who'd be better at giving constructive criticism and all that good stuff.

I'll end this review with: you're a really talented writer and...good luck with your next story!

(*evil cackle* But don't think this is the last you'll see of me. I'll probably be reviewing your other work soon. Hahaha, although having said 'soon' it'll be in five years or so.)
Katie chapter 40 . 4/8/2007
The 'male squeal' - ooh, it's kind of an oxymoron. Anyway...the chapter. I love this one because she's finally discovered herself and seems so sure about everything now! After so long being indecisive and afraid, she's ready to do stuff on her own and...it's great! The last sentence: 'I did it' - that just fills me with this euphoric feeling. I wasn't really sure if she'd go through with it in the end... but she does. Yay :]

And this crossed my mind while I was reading this chapter... Franki and Tim would make a good couple. Especially if Franki and Lucas will be just friends, which after I thought about it seems like the best thing for them.
Katie chapter 39 . 4/8/2007
No. No no no!

Was not expecting that. They were getting on so much better when she was explaining her travel plans and I thought they might finally be getting back to how they were...

But sadly I do see how that wraps things up. And it was really clever to bring back the tattoo and its significance, because it's so fitting here.

...Haha, really was NOT expecting this. I'm going to keep saying it because I'm in shock. Eesh.

Chris was great (as usual) in this chapter though!
Shadow774 chapter 41 . 4/8/2007
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING THIS xD

So sweet D
Katie chapter 38 . 4/8/2007
I love the word 'intoxicating', and it describes Lucas really well. But Franki's so selfish! She expects everyone to bear her mood swings and insecurities and won't let them help her, and when Lucas finally treats her how she treated him: 'I was a little hurt, I’d expected that he’d at least try to be polite but apparently not.' Really though, after the way she's been behaving towards him... I'd say Lucas was still being too kind to her.

'I was the reason that Lucas, who had once been so self-assured and suave, was now struggling with his words and shifting awkwardly beside me.' *sob*

Wow, it's finally all out in the open... Franki's thoughts didn't make much sense, but I understood one bit: she loves him. And she's actually telling him that! So...heh. Yay. (hahaha, I'm getting way too involved with these characters)

Oh, I do hope that the old Lucas is back. And I love (sorry, going to quote from you again):

'Sharie had me peeling potatoes– the one task I could do without her looking over my shoulder– when Alan and Lucas stomped their way into the house.

“Ah! There are beautiful girls in my house!” Alan shouted jokingly when he caught sight of us. “And would you look at that? They’re making us supper. There’s the good women-folk,” he laughed pinching my cheek as he went to wash his hands.'

It's such a cute family moment! Even though technically Franki isn't a member of their family (yet...maybe?) But she might as well be! It's good to mix these calm, happy bits in between the drama because otherwise it would be too...overwhelming.

So, another chapter written really well!

Gah. Look how much you've made me write :p
Katie chapter 37 . 4/8/2007
This was a very...painful chapter to read. It's horrible how Lucas has changed towards her. Do something before it's too late, you silly girl!

'Sharie let me sit in silence as I let everything soak in and realized how very stupid I’d actually been' - it's actually happening again! Franki always needs somebody else to point stuff out for her, this time it's Sharie.

'thousands of miles away from anyone who I’d depended on my whole life' - exactly. It's only now that she realises just what she's getting herself into. Still, Italy's beautiful and the people are lovely. Wow, if she met another Tim...

He did the mash...He did the monster mash... this is so annoying. It's going round and round in my head and really detracting from this story! Urrgh.
Katie chapter 36 . 4/8/2007
'I didn’t want to seem like I was jealous.' Too late, she blatantly is.

And the last bit was well-written and emotional. I still think that Lucas is too good for her. But he really wants her and her imperfections, which is adorable.

Why can't she tell him that she loves him? She stops in mid-sentence...that's really sad. Oh - and again, she needs to be pushed in the right direction by somebody before she does something (this time it's Alan) - there is a definite pattern forming here. How's she going to survive the rest of the year alone in Italy? She wants to think of herself as strong and independent but she obviously needs the people who love her around her to guide her when she's being an idiot.

But then, doesn't everyone?
Katie chapter 35 . 4/8/2007
But she'd already admitted to herself that she was in love with him...how can she be so rude to him?

If I were Lucas, I'd have given up on her long ago. But I love how he was just sitting there in the kitchen at the start of the chapter. What a nice image!

Hahaha, Franki gets jealous! 'leggy...and blonde' I doubt that would make Lucas fall for Brittany, it has nothing to do with it!

(my reviews are getting shorter...I've had the Monster Mash stuck in my head for the past 2 days so I'm not in the best mood)
Katie chapter 34 . 4/8/2007
Lucas is so good to her. Wow. Does she even deserve it?

Barb, how perceptive is she? It's amazing. What Franki needs right now is someone to point out exactly what she's doing because I don't think she would have realised on her own.

"I’m just not the girl he thinks I am"? But Lucas has known her since they were seven...I'm sure he knows her pretty well by now.
Katie chapter 33 . 4/8/2007
*squeals* He's alive! Thanks for not letting him die. He doesn't deserve to.

'I was practically bouncing with the good feeling that was pumping through my veins with each erratic pump of my heart' - and wow, she's not numb anymore! That Tim, he can fix anything.

It seems like Jeremy's a decent person! Have to admit, I was totally shocked at the conversation between them - who would have thought somebody who came across so often as a slimeball actually had morals? Good for him!

And he was happy about Tim, which automatically makes him a good person.

'Standing there, looking at me was Lucas. Silent, frigid, army Lucas. Joking, laughing, scandalous Lucas. Angry, brooding, aggravated Lucas. They were all the same. They were all him. I wanted them all, I wanted them to be mine' - I love this so much! It's just...aw.

So there I was, thinking that this chapter was going to be completely different from the previous one (i.e. that it was going to end on a positive note and leave me feeling all happy) when suddenly... she tells him. I have a feeling that he won't be taking this very well.
Katie chapter 32 . 4/8/2007
I'm so ashamed.

It seems I can't tell the difference between 'tomorrow' and 'a week later'! Sorry... there's been lots of stuff going on, and then I had trouble remembering what this story was called for a while but suddenly I remembered your pen name and was like 'oh!' So I found this story again. :]

First of all: not happy with the way Franki's mind works here. If by blocking every bit of unhappiness in her life she's made herself numb to every other feeling, how on earth does she expect to feel anything with Jeremy? I don't understand her logic there...he's slimy, annoying, the last person she'd feel anything for!

Lucas better not find out about this.

Wait. Tim's dead?

...what a depressing chapter.
216 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »