Reviews for Out of Luck
fiury chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
you're a very talented drunk writer
CurryBunChan chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
loved it. nuff said.
xSadistxFujix chapter 3 . 11/2/2012
...I REALLY love this.
xSadistxFujix chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
...I'm in love with this.
ShadowJunkie chapter 6 . 9/24/2012
Hey, love your story so far, bro. But uh, just have to confirm, how intense would this story be from this chapter on? I mean, I'm all up for sex and whatnot but uh, I feel uncomfortable with reading a lot of sex scenes from just one story and I am a hell'a lot more uncomfortable with reading something which might possibly have a threesome, so before continuing, can I have a heads up? Seriously, I love how you write. It made me grin and laugh and damn look stupid, but, as I said, I get uncomfortable with too much messin' and screwin'. Just, uh, not my thing. And I've read a lot of depressing heart breakers recently so if this is another one of 'em, well f ck, it would be really cool if I could get a heads up so I can steel myself (or something of the like). Haha! Yeah, so I'd very much appreciate your reply. Please and thanks!
Guest chapter 10 . 7/21/2012
Really liked this story!
I feel like this story is incomplete, for some reason. The ending wasn't bad, it tied things up and Alec is the same person he was at the beginning- pretending to be straight but is gay.
I really want a sequel. If there was one, that'd be great. (:
Wevlerne chapter 10 . 5/18/2012
omg I love when endings tie back to the beginning,

Bookends are so great they always make me feel so fulfilled after reading xD

Anyways great story !
bbbee chapter 10 . 3/31/2012
This was interesting, mostly because I really didn't want to like Alec...but I still did. It was very different. Thanks for sharing.

hugs
Sillen chapter 10 . 3/20/2012
Sigh. I don't know whether to laugh, shout at them, or cry. It's so weird to know that practically nothing has changed on the surface while everything has. It's like being back to one square, but the shape has changed or something.

Anyway, I love how unexpected the story was and the twists were greatly appreciated. The ending... well, it's not unexpected, but it was certainly out of the ordinary. It fits perfectly well for some reason though. And the weird part? I love how Alec is incorrigible and jumped right back into his old ways. Old habits die hard, I guess. It makes me lol for some reason and its fucking adorable.
xfffxfxfx chapter 10 . 1/7/2012
This story is actually incredibly depressing. It’s about a guy whose only relationship with the world is through deceiving people in order to get the thrill of sexual power over them. And then it all blows up in his face. But in the end, he returns to it.

I really enjoyed the parts where Alec’s life fell apart, but I would have enjoyed them more if he learned his lesson in the end. But that’s just how it goes sometimes.

I suppose, if anything, I would classify this as a Gothic novel, with Alec playing the vampire.

I think you have a lot of psychological insight into the characters. Such as, after the whole dealie with Dennis and Terry, Alec feels used, even though an outside observer would say that he was the one who used people, not the other way around. I think ultimately Alec is controlled by his fear, and lives his life trying to cope with that fear. I kind of would like to imagine that in the end, he gets Terry and they manage to have a positive relationship together, but it he’s still in ‘the game’, is that even possible?

I think this novel has little to do with love and everything to do with power. I can envision the story displaced into some kind of political game… and everything still makes sense.

So… this is a very well written novel, and you have a lot of talent as a writer. But it depresses the hell out of me.
H.s.s.Hunter chapter 10 . 1/5/2012
Aw! That was sad! I was kinda hoping that Alec would find what's-his-face, Mark? Yeah, Mark, and totally get back with him. But instead it's just... Sadness.
H.s.s.Hunter chapter 3 . 1/5/2012
Holy shig I frikin love you. This just made my night. Just wow bro. Awesome story.
polar.amity chapter 10 . 11/29/2011
Wow. And I mean, wow. That was—sinfully awesome. Thank you for the orgasm. Be thankful I don’t know you in real life, cuz gay or not I’d steal a kiss from you; and as I’m woman I don’t think you’d appreciate that. Now, it is my distinct pleasure to describe to you (in great detail) what I loved about your story. Feel free to skim.

To start, it was highly original. Yes, it was technically gay smut for the purpose of gay smut, but here there was a genuine and unique plot, something that is increasingly rare to find in any story. I speak, of course, of Alec’s unusual approach to sex and eventually love. As it is in the yaoi/MxM/slash community today the representation of the truer male temperament tends to be lost in the sea of angsty, fluffy, emotion-riddled, pansies written by women who think that how men should act. This account of genuine masculinity was very refreshing!

Next, the comedy. At one point in the AN you came to mention that you don’t appreciate stories with tones of notes in them, I’m inclined to agree with you on that. Yet, somehow you managed to pull it off with perfect comedic timing that had me in stitches. My neighbor isn’t too happy about it, but fuck ‘em. Of course, there’s plenty of humor in the story itself, which I enjoyed immensely. Now, if you’re as smart as your writing portrays you to be, you’ll know comedy isn’t defined purely by humor but drama as well. So. Alec’s meltdowns were fantastically done. Excuse my redundancy, but your perfect portrayal of masculinity was such a key factor for me that it needs to be pointed out twice. I love how he turned his sorrow into rage as only a man can do.

Letting my love-fest continue, I enjoyed your descriptions of sex. There was one point where I was worried, because you got us right up to that hotter-than-hell point but the next paragraph devastatingly said, “I awoke the next morning…”. Let me tell you, I threw a tantrum. I would now like to apologize for not trusting you, however. You remedied the situation with beautifully worked in flashbacks. Like a boss! Never once did you fail to properly describe a sex scene, so perfectly that, again, thanks for the orgasm. TMI? I know, but that’s the reason why you’re getting this long, good review, so deal with it. BTW, story aside, you had this Authors Note about you being like a sexy priest that had me all in knots, so you brought it on yourself, didn’t you? The last I’ll say on this subject is, I liked being introduced more thoroughly into the mindset of receiving blowjobs. We can all imagine, but you had more to say on the subject, which was nice.

Now, I know you have a life, so I’ll wrap it up quickly by just pointing out a few of my favorite parts of the story. Why? Because even though I repeated them out loud to you as I read it, I’m pretty sure you couldn’t hear me. Cuz I’m sane like that. #1 Every time there was a seemingly psychic connection between characters. #2 Denis’s immorality. #3 The ironic twist, "Well. Now I know why Dennis said you were an amazing kisser." And the end, where SPOILER he decides to wait for his love, but fuck everything on two legs from here to Timbuktu in the meanwhile. Very different. #4 Dirty talk and humor, a wonderful mix, "Fuck me like I'm Terry" and "Do me so hard, Terry will feel it" and "Pound my ass, Alec! Oh, yes! Harder! Pound my ass!" That last one really had nothing to do with Terry, but I liked hearing it all the same.” Sexy/funny/perfection!

You better believe there’s a shit-tone more but I’ve monopolized your time enough. So, thanks for posting your wonderful stories. I’m adding you to my favorite authors list because I’m also a huge fan of Going Native, so you’ll be sure to see more of my annoying reviews. Aren’t you excited?

—Stolen XOXOX's,
Yellow Cotton Hat chapter 10 . 11/12/2011
I do believe I hate the fact that you write so amazingly. I love this story a helluva lot. Seriously. It's 3am right now, I just got home from babysitting and I was reading this at every point that I could while I was there! Fine, maybe it was slightly inappropriate that while to little kids were jumping on me and tugging me this way and that I was gone with the wind- Or shall I say Alec, Terry and Dennis- reading this. It's lucky that the kids were asleep by the time I was reading the angsty, drunken Alec chapter, or I'd have had to figure out a way to describe the tears tracking my cheeks.

This needs waaaayyy more reviews. (:
FaithSins chapter 10 . 10/11/2011