Reviews for Faith Based Initiative
cally chapter 8 . 6/26/2009
please continue!
crack the sky chapter 8 . 6/12/2009
so, okay, i don't say this about a ton of stories but i absolutely loved this one. like, seriously, hardly any criticisms at all - which is saying something since i'm super critical about pretty much everything.

i love ryan's confession... thing. haha, it was so awkward, reminds me of myself tbh.

anyways, i hope you update soon cos i see that you haven't updated since what, october last year? and it's not nice to keep people waiting, haha.
Iconic chapter 8 . 5/6/2009
It's not over, is it? I think that this story is simply amazing. You focused on a very touchy subject and I think you aproached it with excelent grace. This is one of the biggest debates; how can love be wrong? If 'God' made you this way, how can it be wrong in the eyes of the curch? conflict likt that is part of the reason I can't find comfort in religion. It's too contradictory. Anyway, this story is great on many levels. The subject definatly hit a personal note with me and that makes it one of my favorites. Besides that, though, I think this was a very well written piece of fiction. structure wise it was great; you have excellent plot and character development. I like the way you do time skips. It let's you move things along at a realistic pace without dragging it out forever. (you know, like it really takes months for people to develop feelings like that but you don't have to describe every. single. day. ...) You have good 'flow' wich makes your story a pleasure to read. I'm running out of adjectives to describe your story now, but just know that I really really like it. You rock.
FXRG chapter 8 . 4/25/2009
Oh, wow. This is an insanely awesome story. It has so much, I don't know, emotion in it. I just, really adore it all. I like how you deal with the whole religion theme. I don't know. Gah, just, thanks so much for writing this amazing story. Hopefully you'll update soon.
Le1chi chapter 8 . 4/17/2009
Oh my god..This story is beautiful 'D I love Chris and Ryan, they really have chemisty together!
12rct34 chapter 8 . 4/10/2009
AGAGAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH...

that is my internet cry of frustration. I don't mean to be pest( because that would be bad)...lol, but I NEED you to finish this story. I have a phobia of unfinished stories. So, this is my internet begging someone I dont know.
Sabe chapter 8 . 2/12/2009
Man, I really like this story. I read the first chapter and then stopped reading because I thought it would just upset me, but I came back because it had gotten into my head! I was in a Christian club (AWANA, if you've heard of it) for years as a kid, and I'm really impressed by how honest your portrayal of that whole world is.

Also, since it's Darwin's birthday and all, I'll mention that I had a very similar experience to Ryan's when I realized that I believed in evolution, and that it was /awesome/, sometime during high school. It was a weird, sort of stupidly giddy feeling, and I saw that reflected in Ryan a lot. I love how you captured his excitement about it, and not just his guilt and worry. And I love how sweet he and Chris are with each other. It's so... heart-warm-y!

Anyhow, I feel kind of bad commenting to say that I hope you're continuing this when the reason I got to your profile was that I was letting people know that I'm hopefully going to be updating my story (Highrise) after like a year of inactivity. So that would be pretty hypocritical, but I just wanted to say that I really do like this, and I'll be happy if there's more. :)

Sabe
skippydabeaver chapter 8 . 12/6/2008
Just popping in to say how much I like the story. Actual plots! I hope you get time to write more sometime soon!
koerle chapter 8 . 10/11/2008
This story is so cute!

I really did sense a gay vibe from Chris... it's wonderful to see Ryan picking it up also.

His confession was so cute. Just rambling on. Just spilling his guts. How very brave.

I really expected Chris to say something first. I think he tried before, but Ryans ramblings got him off track then.

Can't wait to read more!
Rae chapter 8 . 9/17/2008
E! E! E!

Okay enough with the dolphin impressions. But seriously THANK YOU for continuing this! I read all the chapters over again and it was just as good the second time round!

You really have a talent...your writing moves me emotionally like few other authors can write. I'm kind of incoherent, but I hope you get what I mean. Ryan and Christian might as well be real people for the way that you write them.

(and e FINALLY they kiss! yes!)

I hope it won't be such a long wait til the next installment? Of course I won't mind waiting...I'll just read it all over again! :)
Olena chapter 8 . 9/15/2008
Hey :D

Just wanted to drop by and express my undying love for this story. Why? It has something most slash stories on here don't have: 1.) The fact that it's relationship-driven and not sex-driven [meaning, the explicit scenes and such], and 2.) It touches on the reality of religion [Christianity, in particular].

I would actually like to ask a really personal question: Is this story some sort of a reflection of how you've dealt with your religion? Because honestly speaking, I have some tough time with my life 'cause of that.

If you don't wanna answer that, it's fine and well.

Now, more reasons why I love this story and actually waited for months and months until you updated:

1.) Dialogue. I like dialogue more than flowery prose, because it makes the story more dynamic and it actually engages me into reading further.

2.) Romance. The romantic appeal of this story is so... out there without having to flaunt it.

3.) Relationship. The fact that Ryan and Chris actually spent some time in friendship together before jumping to a relationship is quite touching.

4.) Dynamic. This story does not stay still and focus ONLY on the relationship [which you already do well, by the way], but on outer environment, like their jobs, the Ministry thingy, and the fact that they have to think about what they have to do. Nice to have some action - it engages the readers and does not leave them stuck at only one aspect of the... uh, relationship. Yes. [Am I making sense?]

And finally. I love this story because it's real, with the emotions and everything. It's making me feel what's going on. I can relate to it [well, not directly, but in many other ways]. The characters are lovable. It makes you want to know what's gonna happen next [especially after this chapter - so what happens to their relationship now? What happens to their jobs? What will their parents say? Are they gonna stay stable or are they gonna break?]. It makes me ask questions. It's intriguing. It's different.

Well. Yah. I pretty much said my piece. Continue writing, but don't let it get in the way of... whatever. Nonetheless, thanks for not abandoning this story. Much love. -Olena [Raine-Luna here in FP. Can't log on for some reason]
ddz008 chapter 8 . 9/2/2008
Aw! They kissed and it was so sweet! :) I liked that they got at least this little moment and now know how the other feels. And I know that things won't be easy for them, I imagine that not just because society, their families and friends will be against it, I think that in some moment the beliefs that have been imbeded on them since such a young age will make their appeareance. I hope they can be together at the end. :) Wonderful story.
PindrakeCake chapter 8 . 8/24/2008
C: This is story is like, so amazing. It's fantastic and you seriously have to update really soon, okay? Yay!
Caity chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE. Yeah, you jsut updated, yeah it was wonderful... but the public wants more.
corduroykid chapter 8 . 8/20/2008
oh wow. seriously, just wow.

ryan and chris kill me. in an amazingly good way.

it's so difficult to find a story on this website that is both well-written and engaging, and this is one of them. i really like how you manage to make it a serious exploration of some incredibly pressing social and religious issues, at the same time as presenting us with two very real, and very human and relatable characters. love it. brilliant job. keep it up! and update!
93 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »