Reviews for Faith Based Initiative
Vindemiatrix chapter 6 . 5/3/2007
Aw, hey, this is really interesting! I've never seen anything on FP that deals with Christianity in homosexuality before, and the way you treat is is really sensitive; you don't demonise either side, and you actually treat Christianity with some respect, which is really cool. Kudos to you for that.

Anyway I'll definitely be following this. You have a really good, clear but still descriptive writing style; you strike a good balance between saying too much and saying too little, if you know what I mean. It makes the story easy to follow and easy to read, and I appreciate that. Also I really like Ryan's character, although it IS a little disturbing that he has the same name as my boyfriend. Never mind. I hope you update soon! :D
Inherent chapter 6 . 4/30/2007
Have I mentioned I love this story? Seriously. I love reading stories about christians who have to slowly deal and accept, or not accept being gay. It's just so hard to find a story that actually portrays it correctly. Most stories have their characters just jump in and accept it but it usually doesn't work that way and it's so much more interesting to see someone deal with it than rather making the dealing about a paragraph long.
Inherent chapter 4 . 4/30/2007
I love this story all ready! I wish there were more chapters posted because I seriously think I could read this the entire night. Well, at least I still have two more to read.
write25 chapter 6 . 4/29/2007
SQUEE! SO GLAD TO SEE THE UPDATE! This was adorable and very well written. The airplane scene was so cute :) The gay comments were a bit much, just that there were so many of them, like at the apartment, and then the homeless man, etc. But I think it still serves to make the point that people notice things like that. There was one place that needed a slight change, this was repetitive, "Chris and I spoke at the same time...Chris ventured at the same time." I'd change one or the other to something different, becuase theyre so similar and so close to each other. Really great work, I look forward to reading more! ~Mariah
AngryRex chapter 6 . 4/24/2007
maybe i'm stupid, but i'm really really lost right now.
poppendol chapter 6 . 4/24/2007
Yeah, an update and two chapters in one. I really liked this one. Simply great story.
magalina chapter 6 . 4/23/2007
That was so cute! Chris so likes Ryan! And Ryan too. Julie was awesome! And I love the "N as in Nancy" think, dont know... made me laugh. :D What else... the part on the plane was great to, the thing about the devil. I liked that :P Youre great! Update soon!
Rae chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
Whoops, I pressed enter on accident...so this review is actually for the latest chapter.

I'm really glad you decided to continue with this, it's become one of my favorite stories on fictionpress. I don't know why, but there's something so irresistible about the mix of the tension between Chris and Ryan and the religious aspect of it...haha, I guess I just want those two to be corrupted! Nah, that's not the right word exactly...oh weel. :D Thanks so much for writing!
Rae chapter 6 . 4/22/2007
I'm really gla
lalalalelelel chapter 6 . 4/22/2007
What a nice little surprise to wake up this morning and check my email to find this! I was so sure you were done writing this! Yay that you're not!

Anyway... jeeze... the tension's pretty high now. Almost painfully high. wowza

A coupla complaints... I know why you did the bf thing on the flight, but I guess I just didn't see much of a reason for the misinterpretation OR I think I was uncomfortable with how how like, in your face she was about it. Also, once they are in NY, I really just cannot believe that woman's behavior. I live in NYC and people just aren't like that. Actually, I'm originally from SF and everything that is in the NY part so far reminds me more of the bay area.

Anyway, overall, you are getting it right with the emotions and feelings and two main characters, so I am still really enjoying this. Good work!
AngryRex chapter 5 . 2/24/2007
this is absolutely charming
Rock on an Ocean Shore chapter 5 . 2/10/2007
Wow, I'm not sure how you do it. But every single word you add to your story feels like it should be there. There's just nothing overdone. The conversation is so very realistic between Chris and Ryan. I wish I could manage that.

The NYC trip is definitely something I'm looking forward to as well as your characters. I like the fact that Ryan is in such denial, or rather confusion, about his sexuality, and the way you portray it. The little conflicts he has with each of the characters also add a lot to the story. Especially his dad wanting him to like Marilou, and Ryan musing to himself that Chris thinking he likes Marilou "is even worse."

I hope to see more of this story soon. The build-up in their relationship is so tangible, it seems like each chapter gives more insight into their intimacy as friends. I hope you update soon.
magalina chapter 5 . 1/31/2007
Cant wait to the trip to New York.

Im sorry I missed your last update... :( Ryan is kind getting used to the idea of maybe liking Chris, isnt he? He doesnt sound as desperate anymore _

Update soon!
magalina chapter 4 . 1/31/2007
Great ending. Marilous speech made me kind of angry... I love your writing style. _ Off to next chapter.
Rae chapter 5 . 1/25/2007
Ooh. the tension is mounting!

This is the face I have while reading your story: :D Keep up the awesome, okay?
93 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »