Reviews for Faith Based Initiative
Tanzy chapter 5 . 1/20/2007
I love Fiddler on the Roof! lol. This is coming out really great, no pressure on you, but I'm excited about the next chapters, like the trip to NY!
write25 chapter 5 . 1/20/2007
Wow. This is amazing! I love all the character and how well they interact. The constant mental monologue with Ryan is well used, not tacky or annoying. And of course, fantastic subject matter. I'm a member of the Catholic church, but I also live in Massachusetts, so we've got both sides of the argument right here (I side with supporters of homosexuality, in case you haven't figured that out by now!) Please, keep up the good work. This is going on my favorites! ~Mariah
poppendol chapter 5 . 1/20/2007
Very nice chapter, again. I'm curious where you're going to take this. And a nice introduction of a sub story line, or at least I guess that's what Simon Jeffries' ambition is going to be. Anyway can't wait.
lalalalelelel chapter 5 . 1/20/2007
E! Tension is building!
lalalalelelel chapter 2 . 1/19/2007
i like this a lot.
lalalalelelel chapter 4 . 1/15/2007
E! Omg this is so adorable. I am glad there will be more! I can't wait for the NYC trip!
poppendol chapter 4 . 1/15/2007
I want to congratulate you on this story. It's really well thought out and I do feel for Ryan. So I'm thinnking, New York, a far more liberal environment, meeting gays who actually are both confident in their sexuality and their religion. I'm glad I found this story.
Rock on an Ocean Shore chapter 4 . 1/13/2007
Wow... this is turning out to be a great story. It's not overly rushed and the characters are also very believable. I don't come across these types of stories often. _ Please update soon, this story is well worth finishing.
tanzy chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
This is a really great story. Original and really interesting. It's nice to read about the conflict these religious characters are facing expecially nowadays. I'm excited about the next chapters!
Isidris Gry chapter 3 . 1/11/2007
This is good and the conflict is believable. I love his relationship with God, but I want his love to work out with Christian. I hope everything works out okay!
lalalalelelel chapter 3 . 1/7/2007
This is really interesting. I'd like you to write more, please. Thank you.
FamousOneLiners chapter 3 . 1/6/2007
i really love the originality of this !
magalina chapter 3 . 1/6/2007
Wow, great chapter! Poor Ryan... but hell come around with the idea eventually... I hope. Now theyre going to New York alone? Whats gonna happen there? Update soon!

If someone sends you a message you should get it in your e mail account... but lately FP has been failing with those and alerts -_- They should start working soon enough.
Passing4human chapter 3 . 1/6/2007
I really like this story. The characters are well-drawn, the dialogue is lively, and the situation promises interesting conflict between (and within) the characters.

A few suggestions for improvement:

1. I'm not sure that "Christian" was the best choice of name for one of the main characters, because of possible confusion with the religion that plays a major role in the story. Example: Marilou looked up angrily. “Way to be a Christian, Ryan,” she said coldly. An easy workaround would be referring to him as "Chris" more consistently.

2. Although my knowledge about modern Christian sexual mores isn't that detailed, it struck me that you overused First Corinthians a bit as an exhortation to abstinence. You might cite other biblical passages, possibly even working them into exchanges between the main characters.

3. While this story was clearly labeled "slash" I thought the first depiction of R's feelings upon reading the letter from "Laura, 16", along with C's reaction to it, telegraphed a bit too much. Or is that part of the set-up for later developments in the story?

Please do continue the story (but don't let it interfere with college!).
fivestar ice chapter 3 . 1/6/2007
I think this will be a satisfying story about growing. I look forward to more
93 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 Next »