Reviews for Climbfall
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
I think the strong ending makes the poem.

I like the descriptions in the second stanza, "washing away moments".

lymli chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
aw, that's brokenhearted.

love is a battle, win or lose.
Setsuna529 chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
I like the appeal to the senses. And I really dig the final stanza.
GothicSpook chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
I love how you set this out as though each stanza is literally falling away. Gives the poem more impact!

godsandstars chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
I love the format. This poem is very beautiful, and it seems so sad.
queenvixta chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
This is amazing. So beautiful and I can identify with it in some ways. Beautiful poem and so sorry for not reviewing any or your work in so long!

QueenVixta x
A Face Worth Remembering chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
You know, it's kind of ironic, the ending. I like it, but you know, like when you go to a sand dune or something and the whole point is the decent...

But I really like this. Kudos!
HauntedMisery chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
This was beautiful...I really loved this piece
Monochrome Lovers chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
The structure of the poem itself is deceptively simple. I like its descent, and of course, it works much better than having on straight descent down, one upside down triangle. This looks more like stages of descension.

The poem suggests of something fleeting. Cold showers come to mind, where one washes away passion with a distracting feeling. The cold water being used here washes away passion that must inevitably be washed away sooner or later (despite the fact that the poet wishes this weren't so).

The poet longs for a feeling bigger than him or herself; of something that is so grand and mysterious that he or she can't comprehend it, which is much more different than the love of another human being, which is mostly deceptive, confusing and full of ulterior motives. Nature is much less betraying in this sense.

I think the last stanza seems most relevant to the title; the poem itself is truncated and presents not just separate images, but tangents of ideas that can't be easily or freely associated with one another without having to do a little guess work and rationalization. That is the vice, but also the accomplishment of this poem.

I believe that it is the third stanza that throws off the whole poem; I don't wish for it to be fixated, but certainly, it would have a better flow. It sounds weird, but I think the third stanza could come after the last one, even though the last one seems to have a sense of finality. If the third one were last, the poem would probably have a lingering sense, and would end bitter sweet instead of just bitter.

Visit my site if you have the patience and the time. I hope to see you there-the work is short and simple (I think).
Banshee Junior chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
M! This is *really* good! I love the hope in this poem which seems to fade away bit by bit...and I also can't get over how much deeper the plunge is in the form that you give this poem. Lovely. :)
Broken Petals chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
This was excellent. The last line was the best.
Hidden Lies chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
I like the way this is set out, it really pulls the poem together and gives it a deeper meaning, I like!
someday-i-will chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
I liked this..especially the first and last stanzas.
Shy Cutie89 chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
That was a really nice poem. I liked the symbolism about the mountains and everything. very nice. i thought it was good. have fun and keep writing!
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 1/1/2007
Happy 2007 from Berlin. Hope the new year brings much happiness and prosperity. FP is broken so author alerts, etc. are not working. 1Jan2007 Belin, GA m.

I like this poem. One of your best pieces. m