Reviews for all that's left of yesterday
young and the reckless chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
the format and style is so amazing because it portrays just how broken the narrator's feeling.

and the bolding, dear God, that's fantastic.

and all the underlying messages are just haunting with a linger feel. fantastic.
Bonjour Skitty chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
I miss your writing.

The style itself is.. rather unique, rather difficult to follow, but in some strange way it seems to suit the poem. To me, the dashes could mean gasping.. like everything's coming out so fast, you just need to breathe between words.

"and i’m trying / to say – goodbye – (i can’t) / but i’m barely breathing through (the) / tears." - this was so painful to read, like a shot through the heart. I know this ache all too well and reading it makes me want to cry.

It's been awhile since anyone's heard from you. If you want to, feel free to email me.. I'd love to see how you're holding up.
InspirASIAN chapter 1 . 3/31/2007
*cries*

This is going on my favorites. Wonderful. Marvelous. Beautiful. (I don't have a wide span of adjectives...)

Amazing write.
Choke on this chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
interesting format. great way of retelling the same tragic story...

don't worry. all hearts heal in time, however hard that may be to believe.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
I liked this.. its sad and beautiful.. some of the repition botehred me... but other than that I liked the format.. great job
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 2/5/2007
[coos]

I missed ya babe, you still love me-in like, the falase God, you're awesome, way...right? Because, you know; I've been worried since your long stinted hiatus and, damn. When you come back just, I dunno, e-mail me or something and tell me: Yo, I ain't dead yet. So, like, I can still worship you and not feel bad because, you know, the whole coming back from the dead thing is kinda creepy. OK, a lot.

My sentamance on the format have already been told; I don't completely dig it as much as I probably would've, but I adore the poem all the same. As poodle-chan-lackluster, as I have now dubbed her-has stated about the parentheses, I shall add my two cence to that:

"s(tr)inging" & "When there was no(t) emptiness" - THAT was completely affective, it worked for the poem as a whole and not made it a WTF-are-you-talking-about moment. Keep up with that; there are so mant times where I just WANTED that ability do badly and- Yeah, I'd propose and all but I'd get killed by Heather-chibichocobo-because I've been caought cheeting on her like, twice this year. I mean; how was *I* supposed to know you'd totally take my heart and, um, wrap me in your web of really good poetry? She doesn't complain when I blubber on about POE...

[huffs]

But, I don't think you should rely on it too much. You do it justice most of the time, but sometimes it becomes a nuisance. :/

But, still, I want you to teach how to do it so I can actually write love poems that are really i-miss-you things. XD

AH; love this, all in all. It could deal with some work-ie: styling could be changwed/altered/tinker-toyed with-but all in all I'd say this was a good-mavelous-read. :DD

- Noelle

(P.S:

From now on, you are Bunny-chan to me. _

Because, um, Love-love would be, um, too forward. -_-;;)
flies.like.decay chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
I think you have half the people on this site on your favorite author's list. Lol. But anyway... Your poetry is beautiful. I should have known. Got your username from my all time favorite poet. _ She has such good taste. Now back to you... Yes. I just loved it. That's all. Reminds me how it feels to have someone tell you they love you, use you, then ditch you. Excellent. I don't know why, but yeah... I'm leaving now.
classic violet chapter 1 . 1/17/2007
I love how it's like someone is saying the poem, like they're reading it out loud. it gives a nice tone to it. lovely.
myno chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
I see you've been listening to a lot of evanescence. Powerful music. I find it's not always usually very healthy for me personally, kind of drags me down.

the rhythm of this piece is fascinating and effective-the words tumble over each other in their rush to be heard.

Are you OK?
Apathetically Angelic chapter 1 . 1/9/2007
it's been a long time sonce i've been here or read your poems... you still write wonderfully and i love this format you have adopted for this poem (i only just started tor read your writings again so bear with me) i love the hyphens (very emily lol)and the placement of the words in the parenthesis were brilliant.. i loved the italics and emphasis witht the bold- you caught me off guard with the italic sentences that were seperated by the stanzas... i know this is getting long but i just absolutely loved this poem and i wanted to let you know that i also related very well to it- i'm going thru something now and it felt good to read something along similar lines

keep it up- angelic
she's not breathing chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
repetition is beautiful, dear. so is the jarring feel to this. i love how forced this is; i love anything forced but this has got to be one of the only times (or maybe the only - forgive me, but you _have_ written a hell of a lot) you pushed the style past the words. at least that's how it read to me. i do believe this lovely site has crashed (again) so i had no idea you'd posted or believe me i'd been all over you sooner. i did notice you'd been silent.

i like it. yeah - i think i can separate myself from format now, years after i first fell in love with the idea. but it doesn't matter. you write what you write, & don't you dare think of changing it until you feel you want to. there's nothing else to it, really. you made it beautiful, here. be careful, no? a year is a long time & yet it never changes enough.

-kait
Annaece's Forsaken Corpse chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
.amazing.

&& not just for being able to put words together & turn it into this - but for being strong too. it has to be so hard to deal with this & i can relate. i don't know if you've been getting my emails or not you are an amazing person & don't deserve all of what has happened to you.

the poem is very powerful and very honest which makes it work. lovely.
lackluster chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
at some point the parentheses work amazingly well; like in "s(tr)inging" or "when there was no(t) emptiness", but i'll be truthful: at some points it was just an obstacle that did nothing for the poem. other than that though, i adore your repetition and the parts at the end, with "all that’s left of yesterday" in particular. it has an interesting ring to it.

"i can't remember why i believed in this" ...

love-ly in the most heartbreaking way.
S.C.R.E.A.M.I.N.G chapter 1 . 12/22/2006
I loved the style. Choppy, but I have a feeling that it was supposed to be like that. All of the lines held seperate meaning and each meaning was just as strong as the one before. Beautiful, really. Beauty filled.

-Ally
dress her up in fairytales chapter 1 . 12/21/2006
i love this formatting, i love the use of the hyphens. it hads a good effect, a nice abrupt, blunt effect that even without the hyphens, you can do amazingly well.

and i remember when there was nothing on wrists and forearms. i'm not sure if i dare to go back.