Reviews for shop windows
Amethystars chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
I really enjoyed this; it's scary but true.
emptyword chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
This piece really touches me. I've spent my entire life trying to act mature enough and sophisticated enough to gain respect, all the while fearing the actual act of growing older. I hate my birthdays because they mark another year of life gone past, another load of responsibilities and expectations heaped on and opportunities passed by. When I was younger and people asked me what my greatest fear was, my first and final response was always "Time."

But growing older is just one of those utterly, devastatingly inevitable happenings. And really, looked at from another angle, it's quite beautiful in its way.

That bit of optimism aside, I just wanted to say, "I get you."

"Later you make a joke about Peter Pan having had the right idea, and get so many blank stares that you hyperventilate in the bathroom about having turned into one of those old people who think they’re funny." - My favorite line. It speaks volumes for such a short line. Very, very well-written.

You nailed the second person perspective. Good choice.
eldrin chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
You capture the realizatin of growing up feeling perfectly, and the observations of the children are beautifully described. This is a wonderfully contemplative and strangely charming piece.
Insomiak chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
That was cool and different and awesone like o.o I'd make this longer, but my mother's yelling. It was really good. Made me think. :3

pax