Reviews for What it Costs to be Popular
ashley brown chapter 4 . 1/10/2007
oh my so sad. write more. and thats an order. just kidding. anyway once again grammer is okay but the spelling is terrable. oh well you want help?
ironicdeathx chapter 4 . 1/6/2007
You /have/ to continue! This is byfar one of my favourite stories I've seen on this site! Amazing. There are some spelling and grammar errors, but apart from that this story is perfect-o!

I cant wait for the next chapter!
Pinksnowfalls chapter 4 . 1/6/2007
Hi,

Oh my gosh, it is so sad. Please, please, please write more I can't stand not knowing what's going to happen, PLEASE!

Sincerely,

Blithe F. Crossfirek
Olivine chapter 3 . 1/5/2007
okay, so these past three chapters have a great introduction to betty's life. what its all about (mostly grades, i see, and dave of course), whats going on at home and school (her parents and sister, and dave some more), her friend (nathan), and stuff like that. ive got a really good idea of betty, now, mostly because of Ugly Betty- if you havent seen the show, you have to watch it. its really great.

usually, i like to wait until at least six or seven chapters before i put a story in my C2, just so that theres something there to read. plus i can moniter, while im waiting for there to be that many, your 'updating consistency', ill call it. but so far, im liking it. update soon, thats really all i ask for now, and to also consider the constructive criticism ive given you. this story is on my alert list.

Olivine chapter 2 . 1/5/2007
so far it seems like youre explaining the situation. thats fine; im just glad theres dialogue. some people do it without the speaking and that gets annoying. i started reading it and i thought it would be another cliche where the unnoticed girl is going to end up with the popular guy but maybe she'll end up with nathan? i kind of hope so. it seems like he'll be the thing shes going to fall back on when everything else goes wrong. but we'll see.

make sure youre watching your spelling and grammar. overall, its okay, but there are minor mistakes here and there. just go over it once or twice before you post it and it should be fine. as for grammar, heres one example of whats wrong: "He sighed that she was so blind." something more like "He sighed; she's always been blind to his feelings," wouldve been better. maybe no that exactly, but you know what i mean.

Olivine chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
the way you described betty hayes in the beginning put betty suarez from ugly betty in my head. thats not a bad thing; i LOVE that show. and that description seems to fit so far. its just that you probably shouldnt have started out with a full description like that. you couldve put it a little later, possibly after the second paragraph with a little revision there. descriptions like that might scare some people away. other than that, it seems okay so far.

Mrs.Teacup chapter 3 . 1/5/2007
This sounds good! I like it! Please update soon!
Anna chapter 3 . 1/1/2007
Wonderful Wonderful! (: Oh, it's just so good. Wonder just how it will all work out. keep on writing.
Clanker1 chapter 3 . 12/30/2006
Very groovy...I really like it. How could I not enjoy the classic two nerds? :) You need to check your commas and spelling in a few places. Also, I think a little more detail here and there would be good. You're kind of rushing through a lot of stuff, but maybe that's what you want to do. Well anyway, hope to read more soon!
C.F. Anne chapter 3 . 12/30/2006
POOR Betty. Well, yet again another wonderful chapter. Update soon, becasue i'm very anxcious to see how she becomes popular.
loves him chapter 3 . 12/30/2006
Pity for both of them now. Haha, but good chapter.

(Sorry if this isn't helpful, but the chapter is kind of a filler anyway, right?)
loves him chapter 2 . 12/30/2006
And another review from me. Haha, I just noticed that I corrected a spelling mistake of yours in my last review and then went and spelled 'point' wrong. xD

Ahh, but you don't have parallel sentences. One minute you're using the present tense and the next minute you're using the past in one sentence. And a lot more of those spelling mistakes. My suggestion to you would be to look over your chapters once or twice before you post them because the little mistakes take the reader's attention away from your story.

But, the content of your chapter was still good. Aww, poor Nathan. Now I'm going to start pitying him.
darlingnicotine chapter 3 . 12/29/2006
Hello again! I love this chapter! You're great! Leave me starving for more! YES! Oh, I sound like a stalker...lol Anyway, can't wait for your next update!

XgainMyAgainX
The Latest Plague chapter 3 . 12/29/2006
i love this story... im still anxious to know whatll happen, and how shell just become popular... i have to KNOW! lol i cant wait till this plot is written out!
loves him chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
Interesting story. You spelled frightened wrong (it's in the 2nd paragraph). Sorry, but I can't help but poimt out the little things. Ahh, poor Betty. It seems like she could really use a confident boost.
37 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »