Reviews for Cardboard Christmas
Juliet chapter 2 . 2/1/2008
my God, both of these were equally sad. its one of those things that really opens your eyes and makes yur heart break, because in the midst of all our happiness we sometimes miss the sad world around us. im speechless about these poems except for the fact tht they were both excellentely written and tragic, making me want to just buy the world for this father. well done.
Ragnarok Elements chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
Did I review this one? I thought I did, but according to the review I never did... weird. Still heart shattering, I can't stand to little girls sad, my heart can't take it. Really sad but realistic, this make me want to make sure that that never happens whenever I have a family. Peace.
Ragnarok Elements chapter 2 . 4/23/2007
Yeah... I'm too lazy to log in right now. It just sounds so... sad, I mean wow, I would hate to be that dad, to see an innocent litle girl brighten up and then cry, my heart almost shattered when I read that part, nice poem, very emotional.
empathic life chapter 2 . 3/13/2007
Oh, wow. I don't know which one I like better. The first was beautiful and gorgeous and heartbreaking all at once. But this one's so realistic and sad and hopeless, even while the father keeps on believing... Sheesh, Felicia. Why'd you have to go and get so damn good? I can't think of adequate words to praise you anymore... And sorry these are so late. I had a major email-jam and accidentally deleted these author alerts when attempting to pick out all the junk... Yours, Alex
empathic life chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
Okay, so apparently I never reviewed the original version of this poem, either... How odd. Anyways. Very powerful. I adore how you showed the girl growing up, but not really changing, and you make the reader feel sorry for the girl, and mad at the dad, but then you're sorry for the dad, and you just wish the girl would be more understanding, but you can't really ask that of her either... Sorry. My fingers got a bit carried away with the keyboard there. But yeah. Marvelous job. Not so big on the imagery, but powerful nonetheless. Yours, Alex
Elliptical Shapes chapter 2 . 3/11/2007
That is just as horrible as the first one, Baxter. It is the most disturbing thing i've ever read, well done.

Alan.
SirScott chapter 2 . 3/9/2007
That's sad that he can't afford Christmas for his little girl. Good job on this poem. I hope you got a good grade on it in class.

SirScott
WyrdWolf chapter 2 . 3/7/2007
Just as sad as ever. *frowny face*

Still, it was quite good. These lines were fantastic:

and well, sometimes, when someone has to keep track of so many things,/some of the things get lost.

because his little girl’s eyes will light up for a moment/before realization comes crashing down.

I liked the first one more, though. This one kind of laid it all out, made it very obvious, and I just didn't like that. It was good, but I didn't like the style. Still, it's a rewrite, and by law the style HAS to change.

Shane
brokendreams21 chapter 2 . 3/4/2007
I can hear the hearts breaking. *sigh* I still love your line breaks and descriptions. They're just so...creatively original. Like, the "normal" person wouldn't think of them. (This is SUPPOSED to be a compliment, but I guess it could sorta go both ways...) You're a very special person.

My heart broke too.

Katherine
Macbeth chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
Wow, I have to say, even the summary was unbelievably sad. It was a very moving and somewhat heart wrenching idea, and your it was supplemented well by your impressive poetic skills Please keep writing.
Durandel chapter 1 . 2/6/2007
That was... sad, man that really grabbed my heart, shook it, threw it down and jumped on it. It hurt. That really powerful though, It takes a lot to get me interested in a trajedy.
gothic-allure chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Very touching and very sad. It makes me want to buy the little girl presents or somthing. Very good work.
Jayded chapter 1 . 1/10/2007
This is a sad poem. I like it though, keep up the awesome work.
Elliptical Shapes chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
Pretty fucked up, Baxter!

I liked the first bit, well, all of it was good, but I just found it a little annoying that you kept referring to the people as "five year old" etc. It sort of depersonalised what I think should have been a very personalised work.

I hope this review makes sense.

Great emotion though, m8!

Take care, and e-mail me sometime.

Alan.
SirScott chapter 1 . 1/7/2007
That was a sad poem. The holidays are tough for a lot of people.

SirScott