Reviews for You don't have to be a Jew to know who Hitler is
You Know Who chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
Hey calm down even though I am Jewish I know deep breaths now.
LyricsArePoetry chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
I totally totally agree!

What's the point is learning history is you only learn your history? Learning everything in history is what makes history so great!
8i8i chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
look, i dont know how old you are or anything but i'm guessing you're like 10 or 11. your assertion is pretty valid, jews werent the only people who died in the holocaust not are they the only people ever persecuted, it can be argued that all races/religions/people have had to deal with persecution/genocides so the gal you're talking about is an obvious narrowminded moron. as for your essay, it isnt even an esay. its a lame rant with no point. its basically 'omg she's wrong, waah!' you should just delte it, it doesn't belong here. take it to the forums on or something.
MyInspiration chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
I totally agree. It's terrible to say that just because it mainly happened to Jews, no one else should be able to talk about it. That kind of attitude is probably what started the whole Holocaust denying thing.
Bysshe chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
Very trivial, but one grammar mistake - "if your not a Jew". It should be "if you'RE not a Jew".

Otherwise fairly well written, but I can't say I've ever come across anyone who thinks that only Jews understand the Holocaust. I'm sure there are some people in the world like that, but are there that many of them?

Oh, and as someone else pointed out, it wasn't only the Jews that Hitler persecuted. But seeing as you wrote this specifically on the theme of Judaism, I won't blame you for leaving out references to the other people persecuted by Hitler, such as homosexuals, the disabled etc etc.
Saikai chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
Good essay...You said no opinions on "feelings" or these "subjects" so, there. Nice job. Forgot what i was going to say...sorry.

NEPHTHYS

If you don't want opinions on people's feelings, then don't wwrite about politics, or things like this.
Itzcoatl chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
Very good. Often when I discuss other ethnic groups or peoples histories they ask me " How do you know?" you were correct in saying you dont have to be so and so group in order to know history. History is something we can all learn from. Hey drop a review for my essay series for The World: How Messed Up Is It? Check it out.
crimson cyanide chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
As a non-Jew who's fascinated by WWII, the Holocaust, Hitler, etc, I have only this to say: We shouldn't have to go out of our way to research it. It's a part of our collective history, we should respect it and learn about it to prevent it ever happening again.
KeytoExistence chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
All I have to say is that Jews weren't the only people Hitler persecuted.
ziva-in-the-rain chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
That's good. I'm Christian as well, so yeah, good job!
Formerly chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
That girl was an idiot. Youre pretty dumb as well.
All Alone With Her Thoughts chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
I agree with this, for sure. As a Jew, I have come to realize though, that sadly, less and less people are learning, caring and understanding the Holocaust.

In my history class, we had to do a research project one something in the pass 100 years of time. Of course, someone choose to do the Holocuast. They read their question out loud (because we were sharing ideas) which was as follows: "Why did people believe Hittler and his ideas to kill the Jewish?" My teacher gently pointed out that she forgot the word "people," because (as my teacher said), what Jewish thing was she talking about, Jewish meatloaf? This led to a boy saying "well, they were, after they were put in the ovens." Um, let's just say I wanted to slap him.

Anyways, my point is, that although I agree with you, the sad thing is that not many non-Jews know much about this topic. If there was a way to spread the knowlegde, I would happily help. But it just seems to me, that teachers these days are doing the subject justices.

I'll stop rambling on now.

Rowan.
MokikaStyle chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
Before you guys attack my essay please make sure that your giving me the review your giving me because of how I wrote the essay NOT because of my feelings or your feelings towards the subject. Also, like I said in the summary if I offended anybody by anything I wrote in this essay tell me IMMEDIATLY.