Reviews for And there's nothing left but roses and ashes
steffxnie chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
Ooh, I like this, you have phrased your words well. I especially like the third stanza. I think the opening line 'taste the irony on your lips' draws the readers in, then it progresses in the same tone throughout the poem. I think the ending is really good. 'Laced with the sorrow that you knew best.' Beautiful. A wonderful piece. Keep it up!
dreameratbang chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Your writing is so precise and so beautiful! I loved 'taste the irony on you lips', 'drink from the fountain where hate pours', 'engraved on your vase like crypt' and 'memories that only rip, not mend.' Its so beautiful! You realise the worth of what you have only after its lost. What amazes me more than ever is the length of the poem, I could never pull of something like that. It flows so well; the metaphors and imagery are just so wonderful! I loved it, its so heartbreakingly beautiful! Keep writing!
thursdays and rain chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
wow.. wonderful poem.. nicely written!
A Mind Filled With Laughter chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
hown do u review a poem that's words beseech my own? I dont think there's a single word that can describe how deep and amazing this is. Your a truly gifted writer. I hope to rea dmore of ur work.
Random-Idiocity chapter 1 . 11/29/2007
This was a great poem. I especially like the first and third stanza. Keep it Up!
marie334 chapter 1 . 11/25/2007
That's a very beautiful poem. It's amazing. It flows so well-there are no rough spots...the words flow like water.

You really have a talent in poetry. Keep pursuing it!
Sacred-Phoenix-Nephthys chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
HEY!

Long time no review (from me, lol)

This was brilliant...hands down, no criticism or anything. I loved the flow, imagery, wording an the title is genius - paints a reali good image in ur mind and creates a sort of expectation on what 2 expect with the poem. Il stop now b4 i ramble 2 much, lol.

Im sorry i hav been slack with reviewing. But i am reali glad u still write. Im scared at the moment...iv stopped writing and i cant find motivation or inspiration and i cant write. I wrote a random one-off and poasted it, 'Devil's Path' so can u read it and assure me im still an ok writer, lol?

OMG..and i forgot 2 say (unless i have)...i went to an Evanescence concert back in Feb, freaking awesum by the way - but on the way back at the airport, me and my bestfriend met them! We spent about 10 minutes with amy lee...and amy lee alone! No screaming fans or anything. Just me, my friend and amy! How cool is that!

Long review..soz it took so lon read, lol. Keep up the awesum work *hugs*

Josh

sacred-phoenix-nephthys
silentscreamer07 chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
ah! i love how you can write about something that is so dark and morbid such as death, but yet make it seem so beautiful! Its like a song...poetic..and just lovely! I love how in that first stanza you use the sense of taste...

"taste the irony"

"drink from the fountain"

this was just *wow*

it seems like one of those poems that you see go along with some kind of story, like the poem that you would find either in the end of a novel or the beggining...oh...so this could either be the beggining of the end, of the end of the beginning? I love how your poems always get me thinking about different things, they make me want to go and write a story.

that last stanza ended this poem perfectly too i think. Very beautiful davida! I loved this! *hugs* keep up the writing, and im sorry it took me so long to review! *hugs*

Britney
The Postscript chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
Wonderful. "Give me, for once, the peace of night/Forgive and forget our every fight" is a beautiful expression. I also loved the third stanza entirely because it so closly relates to an experince I had. Great write. Keep writing, k.
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 12/26/2006
Wow, this is just amazing. The rhyming isn't forced at all, and the words flow so perfectly. Your descriptions are so vivid, and the ending is so powerful and sad. I'm favoriting this. Keep writing!