Reviews for The Collected Works of a Rant a holic
A-silent-muse chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
I LOVE THIS, arent rants fun! ive referred to man kind as niave teenagers before too! hahaha do more rants!
Femme de Dieu chapter 2 . 1/7/2007
You are wise WAY beyond your years!

In reading this, I had three scriptures pop into my mind that you seemed to intuitively (or was it intentionally) encapsulate:

"However, those who are determined to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and many senseless and hurtful desires, which plunge men into destruction an ruin. For the LOVE of money is the ROOT of all sorts of injurious things, and by reaching out for this love, some have been led astray from the faith, and have stabbed himself all over with many pains." (or should it read in this day and age, "with many PAYMENTS?" haha (1 Timothy 6:9,10) So LOVING money only leads to pain. Yet, so many, and youth especially ARE brainwashed into thinking it is the ONLY way! Astounding!

The second one acts as a balancing act to the one above:

"For wisdom is for a protection the same way as money is for a protection; but the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom itself preserves alive its owners." Ecclesiastes 7:12 So yes, we NEED some reasonable amount of money for necessities, so it proves as a protection against mand and varied hardships; but money could NEVER save us eternally. So much better is wisdom, especially Godly wisdom, to guide is in making the right decisions that will benefit us, not only now, but forever.

The last one, you will really like (I think... I do...):

"Everything that is in the world- the desire of the flesh, and the desire of the eyes, and the showy display of ones' means of life- does not originate withe the Father, but origniates ithe the world. Furthermore the world is passing away and so is its desire; but he that does the will of God remains forever." 1 John 2:17... just as you stated, it gets them nowhere- and will one day be gone anyway, so best put the focus where it REALLY belongs, eh?

Thought your long, well-thought out article deserved a decent review. Not to cram religion down your throat or anything like that, but what you said brought those three scrips instantly to mind- just wanted to share with you.

Very great job with this... Truly, Tourterelle (an exhausting day)
Femme de Dieu chapter 1 . 12/27/2006
Very well put. Mankind, the "teenager," is indeed reprehensible. 't'would be noble if as a whole people would see fit to do as you suggested in your dissertation. But if not... Revelation 18:4 springs to mind, speaking of a time when God Himself will "bring to ruin those ruining the earth."

Kudos to you for your strong conviction. Truly...