Reviews for When Literary Terms Attack
BebeEllis chapter 4 . 8/19/2008
You know, I really really think that you should continue this. It's one of those down-to-earth stories that make you want to understand the things better. Pretty please continue?
me again chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
reason for the call was cause it said love EMMA and stuff soo yea... hahaha keep up the good works D
Missus Finkle chapter 4 . 12/22/2007
Hilarious so far, update soon !

Missus Finkle xx
jammi chapter 4 . 8/14/2007
I read this the day it was updated but fp wouldn't let me review.

I liked this chapter it was cute and I liked the fact that Benjamin's weirdness was a positive, lol. Although you'd think Seb would've thought that Emma and Elliot were a couple since she was clinging to him during Benjamin's little spiel.

And I don't see how he gets any girls if he goes around telling people that before, they weren't his type but now that they're hot they can date. Psh.
jammi chapter 3 . 3/31/2007
LOL, personally I'm loving this story right now. hahaha, and that 'The japanese are coming' line was classic. hahaha, I can so imagine myself doing that, haha, except I'd pretend to be all paranoid.

What I like about her is that she doesn't seem to be 'quirky', well, okay, the hiding under the table thing was weird but totally understandable under the situations, just thinking about it makes me laugh.

hahaha, and Benjamin. Benjamin, Benjamin, Benjamin -shakes head sadly-

HAHAHAHAAH

what the hell. honestly i love how he comes out of no where and decides he's in love with her. And maybe it's just me but after reading it the whole scenerio in her math class is even funnier because it's just so random but not. HAHAHA, love it.

Keep it up, and I hope you update soon, this looks like it's going to be an awesome original piece.
Midnight Owl chapter 4 . 1/16/2007
ARGH. You know what I hate? I hate when I type out a long review and it gets deleted by fictionpress. It's the most obnoxious thing ever. Anyways, I think I started out by saying that I read this chapter instead of studying for my history midterm... so yeah. Not a good decision on my part, but this was well worth it. Well, now I still have a couple hours. I'm planning an allnighter anyways. Not that you care. Right, okay, anyways.

It took me a bit to figure out who Seb and Ed were, I had to go back and reskim the earlier chapters... but when I did I was like OHH SEB and ED. Well, not really. But you know.

Anyways, I got a little confused about the scene with Seb and Emma. I'm assuming it was a flashback but it took me a bit to understand that. A lot of authors use italics to represent memories- I'm not too fond of that, but it is an easy way of distinguishing the past from the present (which is pretty key).

I loved this chapter (of course) and your character development is moving along wonderfully. I love the way Emma and Elliot's relationship (friends? More? I'm delightfully in the dark about this... it's not completely obvious, and I LOVE IT) is sort of progressing but in a completely natural way for a FriendsFirst relationshp to be progressing in (ah I'm so braindead, sorry).

And I definitely loved the insight into Seb and Emma's relationship. I think that it was great to see them interact... and stuff. Yeah. Anyways. Okay.

I still love the format, it's complete and witty and works beautifully with this story. I love the lighting signing-off things you have, they're always cute and fit perfectly.

Lovely job, again! Loved finally meeting Ed!
Firaa the Fallen Guardian chapter 3 . 1/8/2007
I was right when I thought your other stories would be awesome. I love this. Emma is an awesome protaganist, definately anti-cliche, and Benjamin scares me. Which, I think, would be normal. I hope you write more!
its raining purple elephants chapter 3 . 12/28/2006
One word. Awesome. Its cute and funny at the same time. Great job.
Midnight Owl chapter 3 . 12/28/2006
AH! Fantastic! I absolutely love the format you're using... recently I've noticed an abundance of really irritating journal stories where there's hardly any plot and the heroine is kind of a stereotype (quiet girl who likes to write and somehow falls in love- she records everything exactly how it happens in her journal. it's very Princess Diaries, in retrospect.)... this definitely breaks that stereotype. Emma is, in a word, fantastic. She's one of those characters who is just normal enough she's believable and just interesting enough that she's memorable. I thought Elliot had to be my favorite character (after the scene at lunch and then the part about washing the paint off his face- there was something fantastic about that), but Benjamin just takes the cake. Seriously. What a fantastic character... and so REAL. I know a kid like Benjamin- everyone knows a kid like Benjamin.. yet so few writers actually acknowledge his presence. Kudos to you- this is definitely going on my favorites list! Can't wait to read more!