Reviews for The Serpent's Connection
kivvy chapter 10 . 11/14/2010
This was a very refreshing story. I thought at first it would be similar to a beauty and the beast tale, but you took it in a complete different direction. Thank you for this tale, and please keep writing.
meropes chapter 9 . 4/10/2010
Beautiful.
CrazehKitteh chapter 9 . 4/10/2010
That was sweet. So she was reincarnated at the end. I like how you managed to tell such a... Well, deep? Yeah, deep story without even naming any of the characters. Gives it a certain touch, like a myth. It was a nice read. Thank you.
CrazehKitteh chapter 8 . 2/3/2010
Poor Mr. Sea Creature. I really feel his pain... I think you did a good job at conveying it. Stupid ignorant daggar man. He should go jump off a cliff. Although this does leave me with a question: What is he going to do with her body? Bury it in a random trench on the bottom of the ocean? Hmm...
CrazehKitteh chapter 7 . 1/28/2010
Wow. That was anticlimatic, but.. It wasn't. The end when she was stabbed seemed a little short, but all the detail behind it kind of made up for it. I still loved it, though! Great job and all that jazz!
CrazehKitteh chapter 6 . 1/10/2010
Please finish story? Please? I really wish to know how it ends. It's a great story, and I like how poetic it gets at times. I usually shy away from present-tense stories, but I do believe this would be the exception. I really enjoy it!
garishsun chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
I absolutely love that you're basing this off of Vivaldi's Four Seasons. He is my favorite composer, and the Four Seasons are his best composition. I cannot wait until you write Autumn.
awilla the hun chapter 3 . 9/22/2009
I like this, and I especially like the Four Seasons. When you get round to writing a chapter on the first summer one, I'll be even happier.
Sugarloafin chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
First off I'm jealous of how well you manage to put so much into such a (relatively) short story. Nothing I write ever ends up short, even thoughts that I intent to be small end up weaving their way into long drawn out tales. I really like this for that; it has so much story, much of it implied so the reader can take what is here and make of it what they will in their imaginiation. You don't skimp on description either, everything is clear, conscise, and wonderfully encapsulated in this one experience. Very well done.

I also have to say it: The ending reminded me of a scene from Disney's Little Mermaid (that is not a bad thing, I love that movie) except inverted :)
sWeEt mIsErY iS mInE chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
It was a really interesting story. I felt that I was the one lost at shore and was in great danger. I hope you can write more about it.
Arceira chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Although quite simple a storyline (which can be a good thing), you managed to grasp the attention of the reader very well with beautiful imagery.

Well done!
Jesse the Storyteller chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
Great story with beautiful imagery. I could almost feel it. Incredible! I love it. I wish it would go on, explaining what happened and how she got to that point, haha. :)

However, towards the beginning of the story you switch tenses several times. Two paragraphs are in present tense "She knwos what it is..." and then suddenly it's past tense again... "she was lifted up, miraculously pulled..." you go back and forth several times. Clean that up and the story is incredible.

-Jesse
Medieval-Rogue chapter 1 . 6/19/2007
*smiles* You know, At first I didn't know what to think. As I read, I guessed that the 'fantasy' aspect came in some creature within the depths...and then, I don't know were I stand on short stories being in the C2...but I loved this. It was short and sweet and made me want to read more- find out if she sees the creature again, what the creature is really like. But...even for so short a story, it truly is unique...imagery, concept, and the over-all emotions that it touches within me.

Anyway, I love it, and most definitely will add this as a Rare Gem- the first short story to be in the C2!
Blue Devil012 chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
Wow, I really liked how you wrote this. You should write more! I think this one was a nice piece. Hope she meets him again, she never got to say thank-you! I liked how he stayed around till she woke up again, so sweet. X3 I think you just made my day.
NamiLoveLess chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
...Wow. That's all I can say. Your description of the textures and what happened was amazing. You put a deeper meaning into the story that could have been a person almost drowning, but instead was a young woman struggling to stay alive. I'm impressed -

I like how you described the ocean, how it was "claiming its debt from mankind". The rest is just...Well, I can't think of a word good enough for it. How about "Amagreacoring"?

I didnt' find any typos, either. I hope you write more like this! -