Reviews for profane prophet
This Account Was Abandoned chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
RIGHT ON!
a certain slant of light chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
I ask myself that many times... I suppose the answer is that we never -can- be free. Ah, damn, now I'm feeling melancholy again. (Which, btw, is a very clear sign that your poem is great.)
No Longer An Account chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
I'm not usually a big fan of poetry (Lord knows I can't write any), but this I liked. Thumbs up.

(as far as constructive criticism goes, have you tried capitalisation?)
Tytherpol chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
This is really good.
His Mercy's Waiting chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
I loved the last four lines. They made a perfect ending. The raw honesty of your poetry really makes it intruiging, and that's a good thing. :)

Keep writing!
Noihseret chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
this was a wonderful poem! i loved the ideas in it about religion. the last few lines were powerful, too. keep up the great work!
SnarkHunter42 chapter 1 . 12/31/2006
Interesting, definitely interesting. I was intrigued by the title, so clicked on your piece to read it.

Now, I'm not at all a good critic of poetry. I am, perhaps, the single worst person you could get to review your technique when it comes to how you've written the piece, stylistically.

That being said, I'm only going to comment on your content, such as I have interpretted it. If I'm wrong, don't hesitate to tell me so and correct me on your intent, but this is just how I see it.

Okay... first, I wouldn't say that zealots (I think I know to whom you are referring in this, but won't say specifically; I'll just speak in general terms) are using religion as their "excuse" to commit crimes. They do it because they honestly believe that that is what their religion or god tells them. If not their religion, then their god has given them a mandate, and they must carry it out. Even if it breaks with their religious laws, they will be forgiven, because they were carrying out a divine plan. This is how I see it, anyway.

Now, I'm not entirely sure what perspective you're writing from, in this poem. Perhaps this is because I'm deplorably stupid (self-deprecation here; nothing you need to apologize for. I'm sure it's perfectly clear to you and others what your intent is), but I can't quite tell if you're writing from the point of view of a person (child?) from a country where such zealots rule, or an outside observer watching the madness, or simply as yourself. It's a point worth noting, though, because that will influence how some of the lines in the poem are interpreted. Just a point of clarification that I'd like resolved, personally.

Finally, I like the lines:

"“Nation shall not lift up sword against nation”

but apparently guns are an exception

you’ve censored your history into oblivion"

Interestingly written, in my opinion.

That's all I've got to say. Hope the review was worth something to you. If you'd care to read and review my stuff, I won't complain; if not, that's fine too.

Keep up the good work.