Reviews for I only rhyme
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
You're right, this is a nice lighthearted poem. It has a more juvenille feel that your others and has a straightforward meaning. Sometimes older works just work their way into your heart, huh?

I didn't like the varying line lengths because it through your rhythm off (but I completely understand if you're not looking to edit this much).

Also, [for people, who won't] I don't think the comma is necessary.

Brought to you by the Review Marathon (link in profile)
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 1 . 2/15/2007
konban wa

Yeah, I think it's cute, too. It's hard to say my favorite parts when it's a poem (especially one that's short), but my two favs are: "And sometimes you'll find... I only rhyme for you." and "And you thought my writing could get worse."

I didn't write a review to your one-shot/one-liner story because I didn't have time, but I added it to my favorites, too. I loved both of them!
mate.feed.kill.repeat chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
Is it meant to be humorous or serious? I can see both sides... especially in (And you thought my writing couldn't get worse).

(which, I might add, is very untrue; just look around and you'll find something atrocious. ...also not sure if I spelled that right.)

But I really liked it - the rawness of it all reminds me of someone. "my poetry sucks and I hate the sound" - Cool line. I really liked that. (once again, the bluntness, the cruel expression of true feeling is very interesting.)

It's late at night. Forgive me for my rambling on.

-stixerz-
Orual chapter 1 . 1/1/2007
I think it's rather cute. I have a very difficult time writing poetry that doesn't rhyme. I'm just not that poetically inclined. I especially liked the parenthesized part at the end, just for the tone it conveyed. Sometimes you just have to make fun of yourself a bit. Good work.