Reviews for Roanoke
Lana Sky chapter 30 . 1/29/2009
Wow! Being possesed by granny, not every girl's dream is it?

I had an inkling this would happen, but what about Cal? He could still off Kendra at any moment unless she has gran's powers as well?

What an amazing plot twist!

Very interesting,

Lana Sky chapter 29 . 1/29/2009
Wow.

Um, that was a wtf moment. (pardon my francais) ;D

Interesting. And we know that dear Remmy is nearby. Interesting.

A side note. I think the perfect song to describe the Empress is "Ice Queen" by Within tempation...which also happens to be the exact song I am listening to at this moment. :S

Lana Sky chapter 28 . 1/29/2009
Oh Yeah! I was right! I Nicola, am the ultimate story predictor!

Ahem *cough*

So I was right about dear ol' granny. (so far anyways)

Wow!

What an amazing ending! I actually sat forward in my chair (smacking my head against the compy screen thank you very much!) and went "Whoa!"

I think Cal could want her dead but...why not just shoot her (again) and NOT bring her back?

It just gets curiouser and curiouser. :S

The True Dreamer chapter 1 . 1/27/2009
Wow, This chapter is really sweet! Really great job! On to the next chapter...Oh! And your going on my favs!
An Inside Joke chapter 2 . 1/26/2009
Another solid chapter. It was mostly expositional, so I didn't really feel like I was drawn in as much, but a good progression.
Northern Weasel chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Great music for this chapter; it actually helped paint the scene since I'm very familiar with the film. I like how you open your story, though breaking out of prison is not a novel opening (then again, what good story is?). And yours is well executed. Actions and dialog move back and forth short and sweet, carrying the scene forward nicely. The few larger paragraphs towards the end, even though they do help paint the scene, seem to drag from the action a little, and I found myself skipping to the next bit of dialogue. I can already tell there is a huge amount of back story including a huge grudge between two opposing forces. I find the uniforms interesting. I kind of expected normal pirates, but instead we have a militarist company - so it's more East India Trading Company rather than Barbosa and his crew - which is perfectly fine. I'm expecting a very strict, well-organized plot ahead. Congrats on the nomination and good luck!
Decoris Verbum chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Congratulations, from the Review Marathon.

I really liked this first chapter, primarily because everything seemed in logical order, you introduced the main character, and the setting. I love the name Riley for boy OR girl. However, I would have liked to have seen another character introduced, because this seemed just about Riley, and thus two-dimensional. I don't know. It was a great start. I'd like to read more, should time permit.

-DV-
Renegade Author chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
The beginning is incredible, and I can't wait for the next chapter.
Punchadara chapter 30 . 1/24/2009
well, i just read the entire thing, and suffice to say, it's one of the best stories i've read on fictionpress so far :) i was just thinking about the aether thing and flying. Why do pilots have to connect themselves to the flier? If it's to control the aether, wouldn't pilots that are not copperbloods get sick from the aether?
Punchadara chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
Hey! Sorry it took so long to review back, but I finally got the time to sit back and begin to enjoy your story, which has an awesome, awesome beginning. The writing is very smooth and descriptive but not distractingly so and the narrative voice of Riley is pragmatic and real, really pleasant to hear in your head. Thanks for the review btw! I'll try to do the review-athon when i get the chance, which will prolly be spring break...but in the meantime, i'm going to go back to enjoying your story :)
Emily Brooke chapter 30 . 1/22/2009
Oh my Lordy. I really really enjoyed reading this. I just finished this last chapter after two days of reading the whole thing. Might I just say that this is an extremely original plot and very well done.

I had a few things to suggest when I first started reading, but now I have forgotten some of them and I feel totally lame. But, I remember this: In your second chapter, I got really confused as to who was speaking and what was going on when there was the little run in with the Lieutenant, but maybe that's just me. I do tend to get confused sometimes.

Anyways, that's all I can remember for now, so if I remember by the next update, I'll be sure to let you know!

I'm super excited for your next update!
An Inside Joke chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Good start. YOu kept a nice pace, and maintained a good sense of mystery. It was hard to get a real sense of Riley's personality, as she seemed to just go along witht he break-out without taking any action on her own, but I'm sure more charecter will be revealed later on.
Nara Merald chapter 30 . 1/20/2009
I loved it! How will Riley remove the Empress from her mind? I think you wrote this chapter very well.
Rhapsody's Song chapter 30 . 1/20/2009
WOW! Every chapter of this just keeps getting trippier. I LOVE this story. I can't even start guessing what's going to happen. Please continue soon!
Efreisone chapter 30 . 1/20/2009
Damnit! My Crazy Body Swap theory had been so close. But I have to say, this is way more interesting than a simple switch. And it totally explains the situation with Grayson and Perry.

The end was a bit confusing before reading the A/N. You might want to clarify the last bit about Riley not being able to move her eyes. Is she completely possessed, or is there a possibility that she could fight for control?
518 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »