Reviews for Jason Andrews Hates Gays
jane1313 chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
The topic opens up a lot of questions. I don't know, really, but there's one thing it made me think of. My mum, brought up Jewish, once said that regardless of what God told us to do/not do, he never gave us the power to judge others. He'll do that.

It was a good poem, though. It brought across you're feelings well.
Disturbed-Seether Fan chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
I hope Jason Andrews doesn't read this (or is he made up?) He sounds like my boyfriend, Michael Catholic also. I'm Southern Baptist like most people here in my southern state of Alabama. I know... so country. But anyway, you could have written it a little more fluently if you will... so it would flow better. Maybe a rewrite in the future?
Tempestras chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
as poetry goes, im only good at rhyming poems _

as far as the topic of this poem goes however, there are many gay people who are also religious. just because it says in the bible that adam was with Eve, not Steve... just because some men wrote that being gay is wrong, doesnt mean they are right. It was Jesus himself who said that god loves and forgives all, so why cant normal people forgive and be happy that others are happy?

i too am waffling but what im getting at is that religion isnt an excuse to hate someone for being who they are
Smoky Bear chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
this poem opens up so many cans of worms! you've touched upon so much more than just jason's opinions and that's good. between the lines you question how you are supposed to feel on the subject according to your faith. this is highlighted by the references you make to race and the attitude to racism. homosexuality is an abhorrence to religion because it contravenes procreation but as a christian you are supposed to love everybody (love the sinner hate the sin) so i can see how you feel confused. you also brush over differences between catholicism and christianity (but i'm not going there.)

i'm waffling but what i'm trying to point out is there is a wealth of humanity in this piece that i took a shine too. the poem itself could have been better and i think it's worth taking a look to see how you could improve it.
echo chapter 1 . 1/4/2007