Reviews for Beethoven
A Wednesday Death chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
I to love Beethoven, and understand how emotional one can get listening to his work. He is especially good with a book.

I always thought music seemed to always go exactly well with ever situation life brings you. For example your mp3 player on random as you go through your day, there is always that perfect song for that perfect moment.

You make it so easy to be there with you.
Jeannie-Redd chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
Amazing, I like your imagery and wording. As a music lover I simply love this poem, especially because I love classical music. It flows really well and I was completely immersed in it from the first few lines. Excellent work.

Jeannie-Redd
CptxMorgan chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
I envy your talent.
Pate Brisee chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
V. expressive, indeedy. I'm a Mozartist, so yeh, I get that. (Beethoven may be heart churning but Mozart's got those magical sparks P). Yeh, I'd think you should watch out for masc. and fem. rhymes that can really be sore-thumbish. Because yes, I'm not sure if Beethoven would appreciate such minor imbalances D.
DeepBlueEcho chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
It definitly does not suck. I also love classical music and I share some of these feelings. But what I loved most about this poem was how I could almost hear the music from your words. It's wonderful.
Ironic Presence chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
We share a love of classical music! That's awesome.

The poem, overall, was good, but...I think the first stanza is weird (because of the rhyming/meter). I can't describe it, because it's sort of like hearing someone singing a little off in some section, but you can't figure out who it is (sorry for the choir reference).

Some parts of this seemed Phantom of the opera-ish, like, "From Allegro, to Andante, and through Scherzo,/I'm stealing your heart./From the well known "phrase" to the grand finale,/You're mine." That was cool. And I don't mean the mediocre Andrew Lloyd Webber Phantom, but the original, awesome, Gaston Leroux Phantom. (sorry-I'm a phantom/choir geek, probably the biggest you'll ever find)

But the poem-save the first stanza-to me seemed excellent, worthy of being on a favorites list somewhere (like mine), and possibly on a C2 (like mine, perhaps).

I'd like to see you post some more of these. And you shouldn't be afraid to be embarrassed. I know all of my poems are horrible. I'm just hoping someone comes along who'll tell me how to fix them. ;)

Ok, I've spoken too long.

Presence.
on my way out chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
interesting to see.. read what others think of composers and their music since everyone probably imagines things in different ways

lovely poem (and you used stanzas!) but you better have one for chopin- he's my heerro :P
aurora llyria chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
Ok. So I wouldn't say it sucks...I definitely would not say it sucks. And I also would very definitely not say I hate it. But I would think a little more about posting all of these, if they're all like this (of course, I have no idea what the other ones are like, just that they're poems about composers you like). Because I like it, and I...don't. I like the feeling of it, and I like the italic parts. It's the rhyming that I can't quite say I like. Now I know rhyming can be hard, and very hard to make sound natural, but I think the rhymes here sound a little too awkward. Or something...it's the kind of thing where I'm not going “Oh my god that's horrible I can't stand to have it in my sight,” but it sounds just off enough so that I notice. That's all. I just – notice. But it's noticing something that is not part of the poem – well, it is, but not about the subject – the rhymes catch in my mind's ear in a way that's hard to explain, and it's distracting and detracts from my enjoyment of the poem. It seems like it should be unrhyming or free verse or something, but it's not, and it sort of throws me off in a weird way. I hope that was at least somewhat coherent... My overall feeling is that I feel I like it more than I actually do because the rhyming throws me off, and I would be very interested in seeing this in a freer form. If you just didn't have to worry about the rhymes, and tried to capture the feeling first – feeling over form? - I think it would improve greatly. The flow, and the feeling, unhampered by attempts to force it into rhyme...and the entire thing. And I would also be interested in seeing your other ones, as they are now (out of curiosity, and also because as I said I don't know that they're like this one), and/or...de-rhymed, if you will. Yes. It's very interesting, this idea, I really like your idea of writing poems about composers you like and your relationship with them, as you said. I just think the way you wrote the idea could use some tweaking. Yayzerz. (Ehem, sorry for randomness.)
Wishdreamer89 chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
i absolutely adore this. the imagary is so strong, the words so precise and just...finely selected. i could fall asleep to this piece (saying that in a good way)

Wishdream