Reviews for When Is Enough
Miyano Ran chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Oh wow. I just love your English. It is so deep and beautifully written, just like how literature should be. Good job in that, thanks for the great read. It's just so sad that the other girl he liked isn't even worthy of him. She is just a flirt who wanted quantity rather than quality of men. That is so sad. :/ He will surely be opened to what type of deceptive woman she actually is, one day, when she breaks his heart...
PolaroidSkies chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
I love this. Most of the time, when I see blocks of solid text, I'll just close the page and go elsewhere. But I couldn't stop reading until I'd finished. You're a wonderful writer!
getting annoyed yet chapter 1 . 6/23/2008
Lauren...wow you have a low self esteem... Lauren youre awesome... i would see that even if i wasnt always so complimenting all the time... seriously... youre awesome.. then again if this story isnt about you then i guess none of this really matters O_O hahaha but yea whatever you should see yourself how everyone else sees you! youre awesome dont worry )
Tecna chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
Hey,

Although I have no idea what it feels like... I am sorry that your heart was broken but I guess he doesn't deserve you because I sincerely believe that you are beautiful and from what I have read so far, extremely talented. I wish you all the best for your future and I really hope that you get a guy who deserves you and loves you for you.

I know what it feels like to have your heart broken, although not in the same way as yours and broken for a completely different reason, but I know it hurts very much.

But I still believe that he doesn't deserve you, you are very talented and I sincerely hope, someone special comes along your way. But do let me know when that happens ;)

Best wishes...

Tecna ;)
guess who's back babies chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
I understand the situation. Only it was a HE using a SHE to make me jealous.
k1tcat chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
well written story! me likey! i feel fer u honey! it happens to tha best of us. hang in there okie? o & i saw in ur profile about pemguins. penguins r awesome!
The Poplocking Ninja chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
This was a really perceptive piece! I was aching when it started to talk about how he really just doesn't understand the way people are. I really feel for the girl; I mean, it doesn't seem like one of those obsessive, fixated pieces where the person can't even look past themselves-I don't exactly enjoy the self-depreciation that comes with this piece, but it is a cold, hard reality.

A majority of the time, the reason why we fail to connect with others is because of self-involvement. In this case, the object of her affection seemed to be too hell-bent on getting the flawless girl, without understanding her manipulative, greedy personality. And of course, he was too oblivious to notice another person much more willing to understand him.

The piece has a pressumptuous quality to it, especially concerning the portrayal of the girl. At first, it is good natured, but then suddenly, this flawless picture is shattered by a set of almost unforgiveable vices. I don't ask for the piece to give the other characters justice; I really mean to say that I could feel the hurt emanating from it, because of the way the characters are portrayed.

What relieved me is that the narrator wasn't self-serving-she didn't glorify herself. She didn't exactly help herself, either. The conclusive sentence at the very bottom tells me sort of that maybe she doesn't understand what the real problem is. Maybe she's making conjections (really intelligent and perceptive conjections about the two characters), so I don't quite understand the tone in which she describes she isn't enough for him.

Because, her personality seems to be able to sympathize with him much better than the other girl can. Does she mean to say she isn't as infectious as the other girl? That could be easily remedied just by thinking: "Well, if he's too block-headed to understand that the girl is manipulating him, he isn't worth the trouble."

Feelings are much more complicated than that, and I realize it. I just wish that I myself wasn't so pragmatic. But I do understand. I wish I could reach through the screen and tell the girl that she is worth much more if she could read into people. She deserves someone who can do this, as well. Not an oblivious, shallow sort of character (who, admittedly, seems kind of hot-because I think his overpowering characteristic is that he is naive, which is much more attractive than a well-practiced sort of guy).

This was a really delicate, insightful piece; thank you for the good read!

I would really appreciate it if you came to take a gander at my story and make a few comments, even if they're a little harsh. It would mean a lot to me!

Rock on, SongShadow.
Firaa the Fallen Guardian chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
You poor girl. I know near (not exactly, but close) of what you are/were going through. After all, ::laughs:: I've been in love with my best friend for a year now. And he's always looked straight through me, unless he needs someone to talk to.

Anyway, sorry to bog you down with my life story. This is about you, and the great description you put into what seems to be a heart-shattering event. I also love the way you gave insight to what you were thinking, which was insight to others around you.

I'm adding you to my favorite authors because I have a feeling your other stuff is just as good. So I'm going to read it. And review. Yay!

{{Firaa}}