Reviews for Button Eyes
hi !

lijuan chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
hi !

Death Lotus chapter 1 . 1/25/2007
Reminds me so much of a Senno Knife story, just told in words instead of images.

While the concept is fascinating, I agree that the characters need a little more depth. I like Button-Eyes as just a menacing ragdoll, but her background could be a little more solid-did Aunt Shelia make the doll? or was it purchased? perhaps it was given to her and unloaded onto Hollie as was later done to ill-fated Chantelle?

Well-done, though. Honestly, as a child one of my biggest fears was otherwise inanimate objects-specifically dolls-learning to move and obtaining free will. Quite a memorable piece you've written!
qwart chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
creepy... i never liked dolls... i have heard so many stories aobut dolls killing people... I have also noticed that pretty much all you stories have people been stabbed and killed using a knife...
Artzcreator chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
heya,

Nice story, love button-eyes cuz its such a cutesy name lol, like the ending was very creepy but what did button eyes do to Hollie :O ?,

I personally would of loved to write more of what the cleverly named button eyes had done to chantelle haha.. but maybe i'm too horrible 2 my readers lmao ;)

Maybs it needs some more background info and some more description? But i still don't know how you can write such short stories :P hehe

cya l8r x bex x
NSMounts chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
This being your second short story, I have to say that I was very shocked at how good it was. For some reason, I found the title of the story very chilling and the ending was wonderful. The only gripe I have is that the characters, including Button Eyes, lacked much depth. Perhaps it would have been better if you'd have explained where the little girl's aunt had found the doll before she gave it to Hollie (perhaps her Aunt could have been some missionary who bought the doll from some weird old man while she was in some little known African town...or something like that). Some parts in the story contain really long gaps or events that are just summed up a little too quickly. I'd like to learn more about Button Eyes and Hollie because this story has the makings of something very, very creepy and great!

You're way past where I was when I wrote my second short story. I enjoyed this. I hope you don't take my suggestions the wrong way because you have some serious potential.

KEEP WRITING!