Reviews for Between Lines
SingingBird812 chapter 22 . 5/6/2008
This was really interesting. I started reading it about 5 hours ago and couldn't stop because I wanted to know what would happen. :) The characters were well developed, something that I told one of my friends during my short break to eat. She seems really interested, so you might have another person seeking this story out soon. :)
flea writer chapter 3 . 5/5/2008
i have fallen in love with abby and andrew :) i can't wait to read more of this wonderfully written piece but i have 3 exams tomorrow and i must get up at 5:30 to study for one of them. like i said, great job :p
flea writer chapter 2 . 5/5/2008
captain davenport... [sighs] he seems nice :) i love your description and how your story flows very well.
flea writer chapter 1 . 5/5/2008
w o w .. that is a very well written first chapter.. i felt like i was watching a movie the entire time. You have a wonderful gift for imagery and making your characters realistic - both in biological person and inward character. I noticed that you had already completed this story but I wanted to give it a read just b/c i love revolutionary war era stories, especially those that involve patriots :)
skidrow chapter 22 . 3/17/2008
This was a cute story! I really enjoyed it a lot. But what ever happened to Lottie? She was a big part of the story there for awhile. You seemed to cut her out after she received news of her beloved who had died. Does she ever come to like Drew again or was she still bitter towards him and the the red coats? If anything you should continue developing her character till the end. It would add to the story nicely. Also it was nice to read that Jacob was still alive, it made the story whole and gave Abby's character a reason to fully love Drew. Good Job! I cannot wait to read other stories by you!
Mercyette chapter 2 . 1/29/2008
Sorry its taken me so long to review! School has been killing me! Anyway, I like the chapter, especially how you introduced the three bitish soldiers. Typically, you think they would be rather rude and all since they are just barging in and staying there...well, not necessarily, but you get the point. I have to agree with Jake, with trying to hate them, but can't. Can wait to see how Abby lives with them!

The only thing I had a bit of a problem with is that the Whitneys seemed too accepting of the soldiers. Mrs. Whitney seemed to be the only one who didn't like the idea of them being there. If it were me, I wouldn't like them at all if I was being forced to house them, but, then again, Jake explained that. Just a little thing I found odd is all. Again, great chapter, and hopefully it wont take me such a long time to read the rest of it!
Mercyette chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
Very good first chapter. I really liked the relationship that Jake has with his sisters! I think it's very cute! . Anyway, I'm excited to read on about what happens with the Quartering Act, could only lead to bad news if one of them decides to stay with them, especially for Danny. Of course, if they didn't you wouldn't have a story, would you? lol. I found very few typos, which is always good. I was able to be "sucked into" the story without having to worry about that. I noticed that you forgot to close your quotes when Mrs. Whitney was talking to her husband, and maybe look out hill should be capitalzed, but other than that you did an amazing job with editing! Can't wait to read more!
V de V chapter 22 . 10/17/2007
Aww, that was cute and very good. I loved it! Normally I am not a big fan of interracial or wartime stories, but this is an exception. I liked the detail you put into the daily lives of your characters, very realistic and all. The dialogue was good, too. Interesting that you picked Philly for the action. It was an important place during the war, but you had enough plot to focus on Abby and Co than on the historical developments in the city. And yeah, I like happy endings as well. I was smiling when I finished reading.

For some constructive criticism: There are some editorial details which you could fix. Nothing major though. However, there are some noticeable historical anachronisms, such as bacteria and details you included with Laurie's pregnancy. Mostly medical stuff it looks like. You can easily fix them with different wording. Try not to make it too clinical, you know?

Overall, it was an excellent read. Thank you!
Saamii chapter 22 . 8/30/2007
excellent story. i read it through in two days, it was so good. i love historical stories, and this is one of the first amaerican historical stories ive read. write another, you're very good.
InvisibleOrphan chapter 22 . 7/4/2007
I have to say. That story was really quite wonderful. Good Job. I can't really express how well I thought it was in words.
XxZarahxX chapter 22 . 7/1/2007
Just had to say: Awsome! I loved the whole story and once I found it have almost been glued befor my computer so I could see if there was any new updates!

Hope to read more from you in the future!

/Sara
S. Renee chapter 22 . 6/30/2007
Although I love Jacob, I do think it just a LITTLE bit silly that he came back alive and well and happy at the end. You did explain his reasons for not writing and everything very well, but it still just doesn't seem right to me. I just think he would have written to Abby before. So much time had passed and he couldn't have been sick that whole time.

But, despite that little detail, it was a very sweet ending. Everything is as it should be, I suppose, although I wonder what happened to Danny . . . Hm. I almost feel bad for him still, in a VERY small way, because he really did think that Drew had killed Jacob for all those years. He probably was, in some TINY way, trying to do the right thing. But his past behavior really doesn't make me pity him too much.

And there's one other tiny thing too that caught my eye. When Abby asks Drew if he'd care for a swing, I'm assuming she means an actual swing? Like a swing hanging from a tree? But that struck me as very odd. Drew's having trouble moving around, it hurts him to hug Abby, and yet he'd go for a swing? Wouldn't it be uncomfortable and hurt him?

But that really doesn't matter much, with such a beautiful little ending. Great job! I'm very impressed with your neat plotline and the way everything all tied up so nicely in the end! Bravo, Leannelle!
C.F. Anne chapter 22 . 6/30/2007
HE'S ALIVE...and Drew saved him! (:

uttertly perfect for a happy ending! I enjoyed reading this so much! I hope you will post more stories soon. I'm halfway through with "For the Love of Luke". I hope when I post it, you will read it.

Thank you again, for a wonderful story.
R.M.Whitaker chapter 22 . 6/30/2007
Aw, what a perfect ending! I loved that Jacob was alive afterall! I'm a happy ending person myself. Veryy excellent job on this!
kay-babycakes chapter 21 . 6/26/2007
You can't just STOP! lol. Looking forward to the next chapter. Hopefully it comes soon, because I'm pulling my hair out waiting for it. lol.
109 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »