Reviews for Between Lines
R.M.Whitaker chapter 22 . 6/30/2007
Aw, what a perfect ending! I loved that Jacob was alive afterall! I'm a happy ending person myself. Veryy excellent job on this!
kay-babycakes chapter 21 . 6/26/2007
You can't just STOP! lol. Looking forward to the next chapter. Hopefully it comes soon, because I'm pulling my hair out waiting for it. lol.
Giana chapter 21 . 6/26/2007
wow, that was intense, but really good. It's about time Aby realized that she loved Drew all along! Great story!
S. Renee chapter 21 . 6/24/2007
Your best chapter yet! It just makes me so angry that I can't click on to the next chapter now, lol! I've been doing that for the last 21 chapters and now suddenly I'm stuck! Not now! Not when we've just gotten to the big ending!

And I must say, I really do like this ending. I've always struggled a lot with endings myself- I still don't have my ending for "Solitaire" worked out completely yet, in fact- so I really must pride you on that. You've done everything perfectly. You got the climax and the tension built up. You brought all (or most of, anyway) the main characters back, so everyone's got a part in the ending. You've got excitement and love all wrapped up together. lol. I just love a good ending and few stories, I've found, actually have very good endings. I'm definitely glad I stumbled upon this one! Great job!
S. Renee chapter 20 . 6/24/2007
Aww! What a cute scene that was! I can tell Abby's already quite forgotten about Jacob's death and Andrew's supposed connection with. Very good. And great chapter! I've only got one left before I'm caught up!
S. Renee chapter 19 . 6/24/2007
Melli is a very smart woman. I knew Andrew could never have killed Jacob heartlessly, like Danny would have Abby believe. He couldn't. I can't wait till they're back in love again! But poor Andrew, stuck in the barn, lol.
R.M.Whitaker chapter 21 . 6/24/2007
Go Johnathan! Beat 'em up!
S. Renee chapter 18 . 6/24/2007
Disgusting Danny again! But he's finally gone! Hurrah!
S. Renee chapter 17 . 6/24/2007
Eww! Danny's a pretty disgusting guy, isn't he? War really did make him into some sort of animal. I don't care if you've got shell-shock or not, you don't act that way or talk that way to your fiancee. Ick.
S. Renee chapter 16 . 6/24/2007
WOW WOW WOW! Definitely not an after-school special anymore! lol. No chance. What a wonderfully dramatic twist! I love it! I mean, it's horrible, but I love it! lol.

But somehow, I just have a feeling that Danny was mistaken and that it wasn't Captain Davenport at all. It couldn't be. Actually, I'll bet that Danny heard something about Andrew and Abby's romance (from overhearing Jacob and Andrew talking, perhaps), and after he saw that Jacob had been killed, he decided to tell Abby that Andrew had done it just so that she'd love him again. Or, if this is REALLY going to be a shocking story, Danny murdered Jacob himself and then told Abby it was Andrew. Now THAT would really be a surprise! lol. Well, enough of my theories. On to the next chapter! I've gotta see what's going to happen next!
S. Renee chapter 15 . 6/24/2007
Oh no! Oh no! Oh no! Jacob's dead? He can't be! Although I do love Drew as well, I must admit that Jacob was always my favorite. He was such a wonderful brother to Abby- he made me wish I had an older, protective brother of my own! Oh this is horrible . . . Poor, poor Abby! I can't imagine what that would be like.
S. Renee chapter 14 . 6/24/2007
ha ha. Obviously I was wrong! Abby's family isn't going to be so accepting of this- at least not Charlotte anyway. It's nice to see some tension there. If everyone had been alright with Abby loving Andrew, it would have been a bit too much of a "perfect" story for me- with so many pretty, kind, accepting characters you feel like you're watching an after-school special. So this is lovely! Not an after-school special at all! Very nice- and exciting!- chapter.
S. Renee chapter 13 . 6/24/2007
How wonderful! Abby's finally realized that it's Drew she loves, not Danny! I can't wait to read Drew's reply to her letter. And I must say, Abby's awfully lucky to have such supportive family members (or at least Aunt Lizzy and Jacob, anyway). I can imagine how guilty she feels for loving a British man, but his love of the colonial lifestyle and his kinda/sorta wish for the colonists to win makes up for it. Yay Andrew!

One short comment for this chapter: at the beginning, when Abby explaims “Why are we leaving? Says who!” she sounds very modern. I doubt a colonial girl (in 1776, I believe?) would say "Says who!" Really brought me out of the time period.

But otherwise, great job!
S. Renee chapter 12 . 6/24/2007
Don't worry- I think you did an excellent job moving time along. At first I was afraid because at the beginning there it looked as if you were just going to see "a year had passed" and then go on with the story, as though that whole year hadn't happened at all. So the letters brought a great sigh of relief. They were very well done and did a nice job of moving the story forward without skipping over a whole year.

I've changed my mind again. I don't dislike Danny anymore, I just feel sorry for him. War affects all men differently and for some it's much harder than others. Like shell shock in WWI. It's just sad that he didn't bear through it in good humor like Jacob did.

Great chapter!
S. Renee chapter 11 . 6/24/2007
Oh yay! Laurie had her baby! How cute! I did think her mother was acting kind of odd though . . . What mother doesn't want to be there for her daughter during the childbirth, doesn't come in the room even after the baby's just been born, and then says she's going to be leaving town the next day? I guess some mothers and daughters have strange relationships, but if my husband was away at war and I was having a baby, my mom would probably be fretting over every detail and certainly wouldn't leave town so soon. But I suppose for the sake of the story, and so that Abby can move in with Laurie for a bit, you did what you had to do.

But you have succeeded in making me dislike Danny. That first letter was all I needed. He barely said anything about Abby at all and then just complained for the rest of the letter.

I'm looking forward to reading Jacob's reply to Abby's last letter, about Jacob and Danny. On to the next chapter!
111 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »