Reviews for Reason and Romance Redux
Queen Kat Food chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Change is good. I'm liking this new rendition, going to have to wait and see what else is in store, but so far so good. Oh and Adrian has gotten a bit more snarky...I like.
Seraph de Sangre chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
I already look forward to the rest of the redux just like I was hooked the first time around. You have an amazing ability to create complex stories from beginning to end. The only thing that dissapointed me about Reason and Romance was that we never got to see Alex's friends again. Hopefully they'll be more prominent in this version. I really liked Alex's father too, but did Adrian's grandmother stay in Chicago? I hope not, I liked her too. How do you write so much so well and still have time for other things?
manda rose chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
hey, i like this story so far. i think a rewrite is a great idea (not that the first one wasn't amazing). It's like a "what if...", a backward version of reason and romance, lol.
pep-queen chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Ooh, a different setting, it'll be interesting to see how the girls adjust to being the ones uprooted. I hope this doesn't mean Georiga's out of the story...I like it so far, am looking forward to comparing the two version )
Licoricee chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
wow this version rocks :)

haha gotta love meg
Ludor chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Wow. This is INCREDIBLY different! Adrian doesnt seem like the "Ice Princess" in this one at all. At least not to me. And Karen seems somewhat annoying. Owen and Isaac arent really different, but Meg seems much older now.

I LOVE that the Blakes moved to Arizona now, that change is great! :)

I'm REALLY REALLY curious about this and I can't wait to read more!

Nice job! Update soon, please! :D
trijinkijapan27 chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Now that I think about it, respectfully knowing that it IS fiction and it is your story, why is it that their parent's couldn't simply wait until both Alex and Adrian graduated to conduct the move and such...
Mitaku-Oyasin chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
I love it so far. I mean, I loved the original one.. but I feel that this one will be amazing as well. I always wanted to know how it would have been if Adrian and the family was in Arizona. I guess now I'll know!
emerald chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Wow, it is completely different. So no Jason at the forefront all the time. Interesting, can't wait to see what you have in store for these Adrian and Alex. Write on!
volopurus chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
I actually think I might like this version more. And I hadn't thought that that would be possible.
monsters dot inc chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Frankly, I don't think we're qualified to make judgements on which is better. Nor would I, personally, want to. I'll just sit back and enjoy.

I *love* Meg.
critiqua chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
hey; long time. finals swamped me, and then break/sleep, and sadly, school's started again. but I'm back :).

So, here's the thing. I really, really like this rewrite. It's far more amusing to read; mostly because of the wording. I mean, it's a lot more fun to read; I loved the last version because it was enjoyable and exciting, but now that you've thrown in a bit of entertainment, it can only get better.

The only thing I don't like is the new Meg. She seems FAR too much like the stereotypical bully, rather than just a girl who'd fight back to save her own skin. I liked the old Meg a lot more than this one. Also, the way she speaks just irks me a bit. I don't know any eleven-year-olds who'd speak like her, regardless of what he or she has gone through.

Alex is just about the same. I still adore him ; ). Nicky still rocks. Owen/Xiron is still a very amusing read.

Adrian-I can't really figure out your new Adrian. Either she's very snappy and articulate and strong, or she breaks down. She's two extremes; I'm not sure if you wanted her to be this way, but it's a little odd. It's not bad; just different.

I like how setting has changed; it'll definitely be much, much more different since they're in Arizona. Will we still see Jason around, though? And Caitlin/India? And hows about Stuart? Since he lives here now, he should probably end up dropping by quite often. Exactly how different do you plan on having this from the original? (either way, I can't wait). And how often will updates be?

Anyways, I must go now. I have to start my schoolwork so I don't procrastinate any longer. But update soon; I look forward to reading the rest.
Aims11085 chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Ahh. I'm so excited about this! I already love the changes you have made - I can't wait to read more. Is this something you will update often or just occasionally when you have the time? I hope we get more soon!
Dazed and Confused by this chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
I'm a huge fan of your's and for the most part really enjoyed the original "Reason and Romance". I love the idea of revisions and re-writes, but this first chapter seems like a massive step backwards for you as a writer. I don't see any characterisation or good dialogue. It feels like any other of the thousands of stories in the romance section that never get readers becuase they lack depth. I want to be honest and not be a mindless fangirl, but hence the anon review because i am afraid of the mindless fangirls.

I honestly love your skill as a story-maker, but now each character is annoying, there doesn't seem to be any worthwhile dialogue and there doesn't seem to be even a little bit of characterisation. If i didn't know your age, i would swear that this had been written by a 14 year old girl.

I like the change that Adrian's family move, instead of Alex's, but so far that's all.
Nayoming Grae chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
This will be quite interesting. I can't wait to see the rest of the changes. I'm glad to see all of the kids were kept though, lol.

Refreshing-can't wait for the rest!
4,312 | « Prev Page 1 .. 273 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 .. Last Next »