Reviews for All The Things We Could Do
ind-fam chapter 17 . 8/16/2007
it was really a nice chapter.

keep writing...
s chapter 17 . 8/16/2007
I enjoy everything about this story, the depth, tone, and flow. I do love seeing another addiction to this edition. :)

Till next time.
anon chapter 17 . 8/15/2007
update soon!
A.K. Eighth chapter 17 . 8/15/2007
bravo. i really like this story. and at this point i am at a loss of who to root for... i was for statler through and through before... but now i'm not sure what his motives are. can't wait for an update.
Sally Can Wait chapter 17 . 8/15/2007
UGGH. Olivia is such an idiot. Doesn't she realize how AWFUL she feels when she's around Statler?

I really don't want her to end up with Chris, either. She's kind of a jerk.

Poor Chris. Poor, poor Chris. Poor Darcy. STUPID STATLER. STUPID OLIVIA.

THIS MAKES SALLY ANGRY.

:D

Okay, I'm not really up to going on for hours, which I could, so just update soon you amazing person.

-Sally
Miranda chapter 17 . 8/15/2007
Gah, I really hate people sometimes.

But, I'm cheering on the inside.

I love Statler & his bad boy ways.

And Oh my goodness, I'm at the bottom of this chapter!

x]

Loved it
thea007 chapter 17 . 8/14/2007
Well, hello! I stumbled across this story, and I'm glad I did. It's believable, a great read, and keeps me on the edge of my seat. I also feel for the characters. I've cheated, I've been cheated on. Statler is a guy I would most likely go for- go figure. Olivia is the girl I love to hate. I feel like I'm back in high school. It even made me angry when the crowd in the cafeteria was talking shit about her. We all know what that's like.

I also like your attention to detail and description. The interactions between Liv & Statler are great! I can picture the characters without their physical characteristics. Great imagery.

Keep up the fantastic work :)

xo Thea
Removed01 chapter 17 . 8/14/2007
Hello! Do you remember me? I reviewed twice xD I'm really sorry for not reviewing before, the truth is that I hadn't read the updates. And why would that be, you might (or not) be wondering? Because (I can't believe this, I'm almost proud) I was working my ass so damn hard to pass all the subjects this semester. Shit, the uni gets harder the further I go into it (that was the down side, the up one, besides that I did pass them all, was that I really enjoyed... well, that sounds freakish, I liked the subjects a lot. I mean whoa, now I can say I didn't pick the wrong career, I love engineering). Anyway, I'm gonna try to compensate with a long-ass review (of those I specialize in) in where I'm basically going to repeat stuff everyone knows already. Still up for it? I hope xD

So Imma start saying that I know of a case that is somewhat similar, in the sense that there's cheating going on. And really, that's one of the things that's got me so hooked about your story, that it's not pink and glittery like basically all stories out there, and that something like this can and happens in real life. Also that it's not going so well, I mean look at them, they got together but they don't seem that happy, yet. I'm getting off topic again. I have this acquaintance, I'm gonna call her like that cos she had the potential of being a friend, but it didn't work out, y'know. She likes this guy, there was the touchy feely thing at the beginning, she's basically the best student of our round and the guy she liked suddenly becomes her friend and starts studying with her (I say he's using her). The problem is he has a an all time girlfriend, but she goes to high school, so what the fuck ever, lets cheat on her! And so they had a fling thing, kisses and stuff. But that's still cheating. The problem is, as far as my detective skills have noted, he's done this to his gf several times by now (my acquaintance thinks she's special and that he's not using her in any way. I think her big head is filled with a big load of bullshit). So a friend of mine and I have commented, if he breaks up with his all time (very stupid and oblivious) gf, what's gonna stop him from cheating on our acquaintance if they hook up?

And THAT part of your story really shocked me. Because ALL of those conversations, all of that mess, I'm familiar with. The problem is I've tried to tell my acquaintance not to be such a fool (and whore-ish), but she's an odd one. She claims to be the smartest person in the planet (God knows her head is big enough for two brains, so who knows?) but she can't see the truth in that whole mess.

So see? That's why I think your story is one of the few realistic enough here on fictionpress. Also there's the fact that even though most of the dirty rags are out people haven't gone all "Omigod!... But that was like, so brave of you to say, so I'll forgive you." (My ass...)

Then there's Darcy. I genuinely liked her at the beginning, even more than Olivia. But I realize that maybe it was just me feeling in a good mood at the time, cos the girl is really annoying. Hopefully I won't come out as one hundred percent judgmental but often girls like her, shy and socially retarded in and out, are the ones that become the... lets say “easy”. Because they didn't get attention and when they do they revel in it, and it's like suddenly living a new life they don't want to leave (cos it’s nice and good, y'know?) so they become clingy. Holy crap, I don't like clingy people, because they remind me of leeches and my mind can wander into seriously odd places, and in the end I might actually think they ARE leeches. In any case, her being a leech or not she doesn't deserve what she's going through, but sadly she had it coming. I wonder how she'll react though, because despite everything I don't really think she'll be the first bitch about it.

Chris. I never really thought he was out of character, I saw him building up the thing, but he just took too long. Which was sort of stupid, considering their age, but at the same time it was so nice I kinda felt bad for him. I don't know why but my mind insists on pairing him up with Jamie; it seems as though Darcy is the only one alone in my head. I think he's gonna end up miserable in the end, because he won't give Olivia a chance again after he tried so hard to earn her (I wouldn't if I were him). Jamie is... okay, I suppose. She didn't come at my face anywhere, so I don't think too strongly about her yet.

Statler is the biggest hypocrite in the story. Even more than Olivia. He's the typical “I can do what ever the hell I please but people have to respect me, because I'm tough royalty shit.” Surprisingly you find many people like him in life. I don't really think he has a right to tell Olivia that "it's all about what SHE wants", because in all honesty, the whole mess happened because of what HE wanted. Be it Darcy or Olivia, he planned to get what he wanted without minding the others opinions, feelings, thoughts and the entire package. I can't exactly say it’s sweet of him to go to such extents to get Olivia, because who knows? As Olivia said, he might cheat on her even with Jamie. Still (and this is the very odd thing) I like him! He’s very cynical, and I find that amusing. Not for me though -left eye twitches-, I'd react violently to that kind of approach. He's a really bad influence, while he comes across (somehow) as mature with those life speeches, he's actually spewing out a bunch of excuses as to why Olivia should "let her hair down", to say. It hasn't really taken him much effort but Olivia is already becoming messy, it's not really a huge change but what with her being so uptight before and all. Talking about Olivia, she still has the ability to irritate me, so with that I know she's still in character. Many of the things she says in the chapters I think while reading it, because one way or the other she's trapped, she's always been, and it’s only now that she's noticing. With her grandpa, with her school reputation and place in it, with her friends; she had to keep that perfect image up and just a tiny crack in her act has everybody questioning her. Kinda stifling if you ask me, so she's loosening up (in a grand way), what will she do now? Decide that keeping society happy isn't worth being unhappy inside? Oh shit, so philosophical XD I was really uptight when I was a kiddo, I decided when I was becoming a teen that it was too tiresome so I became a bit laid back.

Anyway, this is already as long as it is; we don't want to get into another life-long story. I'm really getting the feel of the story, seriously. I should make my acquaintance read it so she sees the mess she could get herself into if she keeps up the pace with the dude (even if she's a bit more apt to hiding it, and also because the guy is a big jerkface but in a different way), but she doesn’t know much English so I’ll doubt she’d finish the first chapter, hehe. The story is really going great, and about inconsistencies don't worry, I haven't found any (if there are), and I'm quite observant and picky when I read. I also believe you deserve more reviews (even if it comes from me, who has reviewed thrice with this one, sorry). If it's not on my faves I'll add it.

Do take care! Hopefully I'll read ya soon.

Best Wishes from AG
Lady Knight 1512 chapter 17 . 8/13/2007
GREAT CHAPTER! I was seriously craving some Stat/Liv action, so this chapter made me happy. I love how you had everyone 'hate' her at the end too. Kids can be so cruel sometimes, and you got the gossip well too. Poor Liv. What i was really impressed with, was the reaction from her teachers. A lot of writers forget the way 'good girls' changing affect the rest of the school, not just the students. You made it more believeable. And i can relate, coz i was like Liv once. Always doing ALL my homework, never handing in work late, being early to every class. The teachers expect so much more. It's harder honestly. Not that Stat is doing things the right way either. If you could mash Stat and Liv into one person (easier said than done, them being opposites) you could have the perfect student. ANYWAY! Gtg now. Can't wait for the next chapter!

~LK1512~
sundanced chapter 17 . 8/13/2007
I love this story.

Seriously, I do. It's amazing in all of it's correct grammar, drama, romance, and amazing character development.

I am always excited whenever this story is updated and the work you put out never disappoints me (...no pressure, though, seriously. :P).

I hope you win a SkoW award (next round) for some more recognition, because this story definitely deserves it.

:D
givelifeyurall chapter 17 . 8/13/2007
hell yes! finally their together, well at least being together.
untrustworthy chapter 17 . 8/13/2007
haha, Autumn's Tale is actually this korean drama. The main pairing is like this sister and her brother, even though they're not really siblings, only the girl was accidentally switched with another baby at birth. Yeah well once their families found out about how their love for each other was not purely 'sibling love' everyone just rejected their relationship.

The dynamics are kinda similar, although now that I think about it the situation is very different. They never actually got together because of general disapproval (although another reason might be because she died before they could - typical korean drama .), in here they try to find a way despite general disapproval. O

Anyways, your VERY quick update came as a surprise, but I can't say I'm not happy about it. xD

And I totally couldn't tell it was a chapter you would be embarrassed about writing. (If that makes sense)

The sad thing is that Liv USED to like Chris. D If he'd spoken out a little earlier, things would have been perfectly fine. But I guess the story wouldn't exist if things happened that way. ˇ

Anyhow, I like the chapter. 3 Can't wait to find out how it all rolls out.
fermina chapter 17 . 8/13/2007
My emotions are mixed on this chapter. Everything moved way too quickly for me in this chapter. I imagined Olivia needing time to think about what she was going to do first and not just delve headfirst in a physical tryst with Stat. I see her still being unsure of everything and questioning herself before acting on her feelings but I guess that shows how much she has changed as a character.

To me, this chapter lacked substance. Oh, you write your physical scenes well but it just didn't feel...right to me. And maybe Olivia does lose her head occasionally [and who can blame her, honestly?] but I guess I just saw her getting a better handle of everything.

For what it's worth though, I think that this was a nice transition chapter. I'm interested to see what the fallout is going to be and I hope that you won't skimp on the emotion. I want to see Olivia held accountable for her decisions...because let's face it, life isn't fair.

P.S. There were a few minor typos in this chapter. Most notably, bar instead of bra. It really jarred me when I was reading. ;D
romanticreader chapter 17 . 8/13/2007
I have been reading your story, but not reviewing. Sorry. It is amazing and I like how it's turning out. It is always hard to be perfect in everything and I am glad you brought that point out. Keep up the good work and thanks for actually writing a good story!
gorgeous806 chapter 17 . 8/13/2007
wow i love your story. please update soon ]
365 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »