Reviews for Cupid and Psyche—Zephyrus’ Story
It's 2019 chapter 1 . 1/19/2015
thanks for sharing this! :)
Garrett Reid chapter 1 . 1/25/2010
I think that your imagination and creativity was great for this and even though im reading this online i think if you make stories about more Greek gods then you can made a book and publish it.

Best story for Greek gods I've ever read.

-Garrett Reid
Rainfall Complexity chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
I adore this. Though I'm not all too familiar with Zephyrus's personality, I am an avid Eros x Psyche fan, and so obviously you had me from the beginning. And not only was I so happy with your wonderful portrayal of the couple, but I also was swept up in your writing - it's very captivating, and I couldn't stop reading. Plus, I really enjoyed how you characterized Zephyrus.

All in all, this was an amazing oneshot.
SilverySNow chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
This is quite lovely. If I ever come across a Cupid and Psyche fan, I would recommend they read this.
one mourning dove chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
too bad this is one shot that gets stuck hanging out here in the back pages...sadly overlooked I think. the writing was lovely, wonderful variety in word choice, grammatically sound and the characterization...!

You should consider writing something else, or if you have, I'd love to read it.

~one mourning dove (feel free to message)
Three Score and Ten chapter 1 . 1/27/2007
I agree that you did a wonderful job of working off of the already existing mythology, striking a very nice balance between familiar references and a new perspective. Zephyrus' character was funny and wonderfully human; I could understand his motivations and sympathize with him very well.

I would have liked a bit more physical description, however. Some parts were very vivid, like Psyche, Cupid and his palace, but in other parts I felt as though I couldn't quite see what was going on.

Other than that, however, wonderful story. Thank you!
why sleepst thou eve chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
One of the great things about writing new versions of old myths is that the readers of those old myths have already made emotional attatchments. You made that work for you exquisitely in this story. When Cupid made the calculated and cruel remark about Hyacinthus those familiar with the story felt the sting.

Your characterization of Zephyrus was powerfully sympathetic. You balanced the natural angst with small but effective bits of humor perfectly. I found Zephyrus' assessment of the castle as being "rather overdone" particularly amusing.

I must admit, however, that I didn't quite understand your intended motivation for Zephyrus to help Cupid after the low blow about Hyacinthus. If you were planning to rewrite I would also recommend reworking the dialogue between Cupid and Zephyrus in the first scene as it felt a bit too forced.

Overall, I still enjoyed this piece and will be adding to my favorite stories list. Great job!