Reviews for Campfire Tales
PindrakeCake chapter 4 . 8/29/2008
It's like, mad good man...I enjoyed it. c:
Disjecta Membra chapter 4 . 11/6/2007
Are you ever planning on updating this work? I know, I HATE when people stumble across something of mine months or even years later that I hadn't been planning on updating and asking me to update, but it's just so damn good. Hopefully you'll get a creative spark and decide to update. I'd love you forever. :D
Zoius and the Devil chapter 4 . 2/14/2007
i never liked Nancy Drew books. yeah, i remember reading one-something about a hidden staircase or whatever. after that, i stayed away from them.

anyways, YAY! the slashy goodness starts! awesome! it did seem a litte fast, but i didnt mind. i dont care whether the author goes slowly or quickly, as long as they write well. and besides, we already have a pretty good idea of Tommy's personality.

hmm, i was hoping there was some sort of hot guy ghost. can i get more pathetice? heh, im still hoping for it, even tho now i have a picture of some crazed grandma who wants her house back.

soo, yeah. that about concludes my review. sorry i couldnt review sooner, for some reason my computer wouldnt let me log on. update soon!

-kon
DH L'Orange chapter 4 . 2/14/2007
thanks for the update! i'm thinking that there really isn't a ghost, but rather something strange to do with the fact that Sam inherited the house (and someone else wanted the property). Am i right?

updates

Rae chapter 4 . 2/12/2007
Do ghosts normally throw bricks through windows with threating messages attached? I smell something fishy! ...and it's not dinner cooking. Ba-dum chh I am lame.

I think somebody WAS snooping around...but who? Haha, I want to know! I'm glad you updated. Your characters are so cute.
Inflight Radio chapter 4 . 2/12/2007
Ooh. I like this.
magalina chapter 4 . 2/12/2007
Wow... who was that? o.o I love where Tommy and Harris are right now. Great update! I loved this chapter! Hope to read more soon.
Rae chapter 3 . 2/5/2007
Oh, so good! The suspense is killing me. Literally. It's got a knife and it's just about to-ahgrrgh...stabbity...dead...death rattle. Okay. I'm fine. Seriously, you got me hooked. I hope you continue with this!
D.H. L'Orange chapter 3 . 2/5/2007
woo hoo! this was a cool chapter! very intriguing! what's all this about Harry having lived in Georgia? and his grandma?

please update quick and tell me!

magalina chapter 3 . 1/31/2007
Wow, I really like this. I cant wait to see where youre taking it _ I love the mistery youre giving it. Great work! Update soon!
magalina chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
That is NOT true. They do fly at people! ;_;
Hemogoblin chapter 3 . 1/28/2007
This was a great idea. My favorite aspect of your story, I think, is the setting: it's flavorful and different, and it brings out something new in the characters. A setting is not just a blank space where things happen. It's a living, breathing ecosystem that interacts with your characters and squeezes out unique smidgens of personality. On this count, bravo!

Your characters, though, are colorful and multidimensional. Sometimes, though, Harris's and Sam's personalities blend together - though this may be because we have seen comparatively little of Sam. Or because they're related and seem to be very close. Is there a definite, identifying characteristic that differentiates them, such as their response to crisis?

Your writing style, irrespective of the number of times you've actually posted, indicates that you thoroughly relish writing. The way you frame your chapters indicates awareness of your audience and a desire to interact with them.

Overall, though, you've got the makings of a great story here, and it doesn't seem to be a cliché so far.

I'm 18, by the way, and completely empathize about the college experience. Alas.

By the way, if you still need a beta and if you don't think my writing style is too haw-ribble, I'd be happy to beta for you. :)

Cheers,

Hemogoblin
Zoius and the Devil chapter 3 . 1/27/2007
o_O so the plot thickens! Harris has hidden family? and there's a ghost that has something to do with them...or something. i'm confused.

anyways, long chapter! a lot happened! and fast updates too! awesome!

~kon
D.H. L'Orange chapter 2 . 1/23/2007
haha. i liked how you ended this chapter.

i really like Harris, his personality is really coming across well. And he and Sam are just funny bantering together.

Tommy sounds cool enough. Could you write in his accent?

hope Harris doesn't get into too much trouble sneaking out

Updates please!

D.H. L'Orange chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
strong first chapter. you set up the characters and the situation pretty solid, and you've got me buzzing with curiousity about the former owner of the house (and how Sam ended up with the house)

onto the next chapter!