Reviews for The Final Moments of Sleeping Beauty
xLilly White chapter 1 . 4/6/2008
That was... wow. This genre of writing is new and rare- it's like masterpieces of abstract prose, where you can feel the text slipping through your fingers- at times like water, or fabric, or skin- where each word and sonority is essential, and the meanings aren't always explicit, and we have to search in the backstages of the phrases to really encompass what you meant by them.

I love it! I'd love writers like you to start a revolution with this style- I get bored with stories that are simply a tale of events with no added glitter, where you can't feel the author's passion for the words that compose their story like you can here. Everything's so intricate and each phrase so well chosen- it makes my fingers feel shiny after reading it. :) I suppose it's thanks to you and those rare writers like you that people wake up in their dreary story-telling and realize, "hey, I could make it all infinitely more beautiful if I just started listening to what it is I'm writing..."

Great story, absolutely wonderful style; and as a plus, Sleeping Beauty is something I love to see twisted and retaken, since it was one of my childhood favies :) Keep on rockin'!
Anna chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
Another beautiful piece. You have a way with words which comes deep from your heart. It makes the reader want to come back for more. Thank you for this fairytale version.
Count of Casualty chapter 1 . 2/8/2007
Again, I LOVE your writing style. It reminds me of an artist with a paintbrush and canvas. Slowly and carefully he molds his artwork, paying attention to every minor detail. You're writing is like that. XD You write with such detail, but not in a way that it bogs down the reader. It's so beautiful and delicate.

Love it! _
Imalefty chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
beautifully written - really enjoyed the great images here. nice idea - a different look at sleeping beauty. good job!

-Lefty
Dollface Dead chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
This was...amazing. You paid so much attention to every detail, and in turn made something beautiful. Definately going on my faves :D
Banshee Junior chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
I love the fact that you've given an alternative to the Sleeping Beauty storyline...though the story revolves around her, the second half belongs totally to the Prince and I'd have loved to see the world she must have lived in while in sleep. The multiple references to oxygen and the sun are striking, especially in the end where the Prince's presence and her own entry to reality is marked by the "shimmer of moonlight...the plainer of the two sisters". This is a wonderful piece.
Randomisation chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
interesting take! lovely writing too!
His Mercy's Waiting chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
WOO-HOO! I love seeing a writer's pen name in their work. :)

It's great how you're retelling all these fairy tales...someday, you'll have this huge collection, and the world's biggest Disney fan will come and discover them and smile the world's biggest smile. Whoops, not trying to degrade your work-I love Disney, it was a compliment.

Keep up the fantanstic work!
Circus chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
Pretty! Beautiful wording, and the story is an excellent take on the classic fairy tale.

Very, very pretty.
EnigmaticArsenic chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
ah! I love this spin because I can so relate. There are moments and days when I'd rather stay sleeping, lost to a dreamworld sometimes more real than this one.

This is beautiful, and I love the idea behind it. It reminds me of something... I can't quite remember. lol.

And I've been wondering at the meaning of your penname- now I know!