Reviews for Restriction of Passion
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
A very enlightening read. I agree with the majority of this. Money, and societies dependence upon it has caused the de-evolution of art, and especially art for the sake of personal expression or personal drive to create. Somehow the problem, as you have stated, with the utopia concept is that humans are involved. Perhaps if humans weren't raised to put money on such a pedastal, than the concept of a pure utopian society could exist because the means of wealth and personal power would have been removed. Worlds existed long before money as the sole currency, and thrived in several far flung kingdoms and societal constructs. Communism, as a theoretical concept makes sense, but in practice it creates problems because humans are involved. Unfortunately, power and social class are man made modes of social control. I fully agree that there must be a better way to exist, and exist with the spirit of an artist without having to succumb to the "sell-out" mentality. At least on sites like this we have the ability to share poetry, and creativity for free and without the constraints of being force fed what we should read, listen to, look at, etc.. I thoroughly enjoyed this, as I've thought many of these same things, but haven't been able to put them into print with such focus and clarity. Excellent, excellent work. MD:77.
Smoky Bear chapter 1 . 1/25/2007
very insightful and well illustrated. you make your point in an eloquant philosophical way and it makes for a good read. the idea 's like anarchy.. it's be great if people where basically good... it's a shame we're not... hopefully, one day...! anyway, good job.