Reviews for A World Without Cure
SympleSymon chapter 6 . 6/2/2008
Well, the grammar got a bit heavy in parts, making them hard to read and understand but, all in all, the story came across strongly and effectively. It was also pretty dramatic and ironic, which was smart.

SympleSymon chapter 5 . 6/2/2008
"possession of this cross tattoo of a white cross" Too many crosses, lol!

Otherwise, another great chapter. And the idea of the Godseed is pretty cool...dunno if I'd love to have it or not, though...

SympleSymon chapter 4 . 6/2/2008
Back to this, once again! And a great chapter to come back to, too! The Cross is a wily one, isn't he? I'm just loving the dynamic conflict between the two main characters.

Melissa Norvell chapter 10 . 6/1/2008
This just keeps getting better and better and mor for my money is a good thing! I like long chapters so bring them on!
Melissa Norvell chapter 9 . 4/13/2008
I really like how things are being brought about. So sad that this piece is comingto an end. I hope to read more out of you in the future. You're a very good author.
SympleSymon chapter 3 . 2/27/2008
Sorry for the delay in returning a review for yours of 'Battle Maverick' and, also, sorry for losing track of this fic in the first place!

I had to re-read from the beginning, but not to worry; the story was still as fresh and exciting to read this time around, which gives it a timeless sense, which is amazing.

As for this chapter, the pace at which you wrote this chapter is exactly what the scene required; fast and hectic, it makes the reader feel more like they're actually there, getting bustled around as doctors hurry to save lives...

...or not, as the case may be; I didn't know that someone could chose to refuse surgery, and I like how you wrote the dialogue in the argument that followed - I'm tending to side with Eve, but Cross is still an interesting character.

~SS
Melissa Norvell chapter 8 . 2/21/2008
It's good to see an update on this story again. I had to re-read some of it to remember what was going on and now I find myself anticipating another chapter. Good job!
Melissa Norvell chapter 7 . 11/6/2007
Good chapter, although it was a bit short, but that worked out for me since I had some catching up to do. I can't wait for your next update.
Melissa Norvell chapter 6 . 9/6/2007
Another wonderful chapter. However, I wonder what will happen between Eve and Cross...
Melissa Norvell chapter 5 . 6/27/2007
This is an intersting story. I love angst! It's definitely original and I would love to see more.

There are mixed feelings, as other reviews have stated. I think it's because most stories have an even pace of humor and angst so the reader doesn't get too depressed over it.

Well, I'll definitely be checking up on this. Keep up the good work and maybe, if you have the time you could read some of my stories as well.
Anon chapter 4 . 3/21/2007
I had mixed feelings about this story, which is alright in a technical sense, but had something I couldn't put my finger on that made me really detest it.

I think it's because the antagonist always wins here. You've freely admitted that at this point, Dr. Cross is in an antagonistic role. He's quite detestable as a main character, with absolutely no redeeming qualities. I don't count his magical powers for obvious reasons.

For the first four chapters, the protagonist (Eve) has her beliefs and enthusiasm trampled. Since you're portraying Dr. Cross as the veteran who Knows All, the clear implication is that Eve will slowly come around to his way of thinking... which as you've already mentioned, is extremist and cares little for the value of life.

I realise that medicine can be a harrowing, merciless field of work, but the small victories are supposed to be the glorious beacons of light that keep the doctors from jumping off buildings in despair. I can count the number of victories in the first four chapters with no hands. Yes, Dr. Cross saves lives, but there's no joy in it because it comes so easily to him, and he's so utterly apathetic towards it. Then in chapter 3, there's a lose-lose situation that seems to exist solely for another Dr. Cross "victory" over Eve's idealism.

Bottom line... your story is too depressing as it is now.
Madness-Soldier chapter 3 . 2/21/2007
That was deep...I can understand where Eve is coming from but I have to agree with Cross. You can't save people who don't want to be saved. Its impossible, and for those who try you're wasting your time. Well good job with this chapter and the emotions were right on point.

Madness-Soldier chapter 2 . 2/21/2007
Dude Sir Cross is my friggin hero! He's so damn sarcastic and cynical he reminds me of myself. Melanie just seems like a scatter-brained big breasted blond bimbo, and well Alex just feels like a patsie. Maybe thats just me, but dammit I need answers! LOL. Anyway good job with this chapter man, and I wonder what is up with the cross on Walter's hand.

Madness-Soldier chapter 1 . 2/21/2007
Nice...This is very original my man. I really and truly would never have thought to write a story about doctors but if you have the skill to write it I say by all means dazzle the masses. Eve seems like the sympathetic type, one who is rules by their emotions. Oh well, not everyone can be a heartless robot like me. Great start man, and I hope things keep up this way.

SympleSymon chapter 2 . 1/30/2007
I coulda sworn I reviewed the first chapter, as it's not letting me write one now. Anyways!

Great second chapter, the characters are really advancing almost as soon as you introduce them...and the mystery surrounding the BeatCross Saint thickens. I myself can't wait to find out his secrets.

SympleSymon

PS: If you're not too busy, I'd appreciate some random reviews on my own manga stories...not 'random' as is 'lol, FISH! owie!' but as in whichever one you want. Thanks, and keep on trucking!

Peace!