Reviews for What I once had
Beth Brooks chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
well it ends really sad, but its beautiful that you were able to have with such a caring person, that sort of understanding and compassion. I think this is more of a drabble, i'll agree with you on that, but since poetry is the language of love, i think it can be argued either way ;)
Keith Anthony Power Campbell chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
Hm, sounds like when you had it you were afraid to embrace it and grasp it, lest it be fragile and shatter before you. So instead it slipped away. I got this image in my mind of you two desperately reaching for one another but being afraid to touch. The pain at the end was very clear, I think this is one of your better works for sure, so good job!
lymli chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
I like the starting a lot, I think this is pretty interesting, I like the mixing between love from stories and love from real life, and the things about they aren't different at all.
Lady Alera Van Hexis chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
Eivind,

I feel like there is such a poignent tone that is sad and melencoly and yet, I get wrapped up in the simplicity of not only the language, but the way that you wrote down emotion and feeling as well as... I don't know...

Although it is simple, that is what makes me love it so much.

Thinking of you,

Lady Alera Van Hexis
xDancingintheRainx chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
I really liked this piece! Some of my favorite lines were:

"As if she saw a part of

herself

happy moments.

unstable

words of a

Breakup."

The emotions you portray in this piece are simply heartbreaking. Great job!
your scripted romance chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
I've been there, I've been there. Nicely done. The line breaks make it seems like disconnected thoughts, like you really are lost. Keep it up!
My Deepest Regret chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
wow
S. Ben Beach chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
I like this. Not because of the words or anything like that, but the feeling that I got. A lot of my poems are based on my past, and I use poetry to get that feeling out, and I can see that this is what's going on here.

"And when she said

those three words,

I told her yes."

Simple, but so meaningful.

I really liked this, keep up the good work )
Sophia Victoria chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
Ouch! I haven't been in a relationship but I just have to apply the reading method.

Oh, that's good, posting your feelings here instead of just bottling them in.

That was again one of your powerful ability to make such touching poems, unlike me. Don't be alone till eternity. Some people are just simply like that and we have to admit it with bitter sensation, that these are just the hurdles that we can't do anything for it to be solved. Sigh. . . this is really life and we just have to cope with it.

Very inspiring, touching, and holds a powerful and enthralling tone in it that makes readers' estrogen stronger! Keep it up, I have never seen someone write poems with such a true and touching power in it! Now that's a gift you've got there! :)

x/ Hell Phoenix /x
jojoba-music-girl chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
Aww that's so sad! But I do like the way you wrote it! And I like that you put the word 'Lost' at the end, alone, as if that word is lost itself. Very great!
Celeste Bloodrayne chapter 1 . 1/30/2007
I've been asking myself lately: can you lose someone you've never had?

I think the only thing that you really lose then is the image that you have of them, illusions. We love just for the sake of loving, and when it's over... well, love is no longer here to warm us.

I wish you good luck, and hope you find someone who meets all your expectations.

Celeste
Greenladie chapter 1 . 1/30/2007
Wow, this was a great poem. You were wrong, it's not drabble-ish at all. I know how you feel. Even after it's been over a while, you still get flashbacks, it never really goes away. All in all a great poem! Keep writing!
sweets555 chapter 1 . 1/30/2007
this isnt drabblish at all, it is sweet. it is one of my favourites of yours so far.