Reviews for Solitaire
Publish it NOW chapter 2 . 8/8/2013
Please dear God get this published before I go insane! :P
AngelCutie ChildAtHeart chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Then first chapter is very good and so interesting. I wish I could read the rest !:(( is there anyway that I can pretty please?
My Letter to the World chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
The first chapter is wonderful, If only I could read more... Might I be able to read more :D?
hotsoup11 chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
This sounds like a wonderful story and I really wish I could read it. A bit of advice though? You might want to remove your first chapter if you're not going to allow the story to be read anymore. No one wants to just read the first chapter
Blakely Tanner chapter 40 . 5/6/2013
Yeah. Thanks for getting my hopes up. Sigh.
humanwriter13 chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
After reading this, Historical Fiction is a story that I might want to try out some time.
LilyFinn chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Being the bored college student I am, I decided to reread this story after two years because I remembered how incredibly FANTASTIC it was. So, I sat down, clicked on chapter one and started being sucked back into the story of Elizabeth and Oliver. Even before I was done with the first chapter, I remembered how much I absolutely loved this story (I read it back in high school, and it took me a couple of weeks but I was enraptured with it, I tell you). So, imagine my surprise and COMPLETE AND UTTER WOE when I went on to chapter two only to discover it wasn't there! I moaned, turned to my roommate (my best friend to whom I have gushed about this story many times before), and declared this had to be the worst day ever because I am left hanging. I even think my heart was a little broken.

But, as a writer, I respect your decision to take it down, while as a fan, I applaud your genius writing and try to console myself with memories of reading this amazing story. Good luck in any future writing! I hope some day, I may see this story again (perhaps in the form of an actually published book-wink, wink)

:]
ImaginaryAsylum chapter 39 . 7/4/2011
Oh, and I forgot to add: I cried so much for this series. The partings of Oliver and Elizabeth were written exceptionally. Keep up the good work!
ImaginaryAsylum chapter 40 . 7/4/2011
I have just finished rereading this story and I must say, it is still by far one of the best stories that I have ever read. I simply fell in love with your story and, especially, your characters.

When I first began reading this story, Elizabeth McCarthy seemed very much to be a Mary Sue. As I read more and more of it, however, I realized that she was so much more. I'm no expert on this matter, but as far as I see, your portrayal of the characters is excellent given this time period. Bess wasn't a Mary Sue, but rather, she was the epitome of what I would imagine young women of her time period were; in everything from her speech, thoughts, and actions. Everything as a whole, pretty much stayed true to the time period, which is great and admirable.

And don't even get me started on Oliver. I know this sounds silly, but in reading Bess's slow progression in falling in love with her darling Oliver, I found that I, myself, began to fall in love with him too. He was almost the perfect gentleman despite his past.

Your characters were all so well-developed and you are really able to see the further development and growth the characters go through as the story progresses. The way that you had the story progress is simply perfect. The only problem that I had was that Bess bit her lips and shivered or trembled one too many times.

I really admire the way you describe their blossoming love and the unbreakable strings and spider's web that held the star-crossed lovers together. The extra little details you had truly made the story and your characters come alive. Your descriptive abilities are simply superb! Rarely do you ever come across such a well-written and developed story as this. Honestly, I believe that you should publish this.

Thank you for writing and sharing this wonderful story with us. I plan on many more rereads of this story to come. Goodluck on your writing and I hope that you continue with it. Heaven only knows that we need some more people in this world with your talent.
Sayacinari chapter 39 . 6/7/2011
Hello there. This isn't actually my first review for this story, as I have re-read this three times already and I still need to leave you a review so I can tell you how much I am in love with this story. First of all, I would like to say that the setting of the place and with the war going on in the story, it makes a great backdrop. I am particularly satisfied with the slow development of the main character's romance and I like the pace of the story. Solitaire has a lot of carefully constructed characters that each have their own unique story that intertwines to the story line. I also like the personality of Elizabeth and Oliver. They make such an adorable and memorable pair. Superb job! I love your historical stories!
Aria657 chapter 40 . 4/26/2011
I really loved it, I loved Oliver, James, Peggy, and Lucy. I also loved how you mentioned the cards. You made me realize that not all the soldiers were all bad and stuff. When we study US History, it's always about how King George was a tyrant and stuff. I don't really think about the soldiers as people, just as bad soldiers who do the dirty work for the king. So, I really enjoyed this, great job!
Natalie Ann chapter 16 . 3/15/2011
Oh god. So awkward lol. But so accurate. Love it.
Natalie Ann chapter 10 . 2/27/2011
I don't usually read or enjoy period pieces, but I really like this story so far. I appreciate the accurate portrayal of the slow courting from this era. It's also wonderfully written. I'm excited to continue reading!
Sombra- The Resurrection chapter 6 . 1/5/2011
I love this story so much. i'm only on chapter 6, and it's wonderful. the way you flow from one topic to another, and you show other aspects, like the war itself, instead of completly focusing on the romance and nothing else. the way you show other people in to story, their own sides of the story, is wonderful! and my favorite part- your main character. everyone has the typical marysue, the standard outspoken, brave women. while i do like the sort of girl very much, it is severly overused, and your own character is actully a good example of of what women were like in the time. so all in all, i am extreamly excited with this story, and will know continue reading on. :)
Tink R Bell chapter 40 . 10/3/2010
I just finished reading this story and I really enjoyed it! You are a talented writer and I am looking forward to reading your other stories :)
672 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »