Reviews for Solitaire
lizzeril chapter 38 . 12/11/2007
i've been waiting for you to update! this chapter was great as usual. i really feel sorry for james. but still, i can't believe that oliver is not coming back yet! coz i really hope he would. i can't believe this amazing story is about to end. only two more chapters! please update really, really, really soon coz i honestly can't wait to read what happens next! )
LeenElle chapter 38 . 12/11/2007
Oh I do hope you find a way for Elizabeth and Oliver to be together! And I am so sorry for Jamie's outburst. I can't write much because I'm off to see Paris, but, great chapter, I'm looking forward to the update and to see how you end this one!
R.M.Whitaker chapter 38 . 12/10/2007
Alright, I take back what I said in my last review. I am sorry, but I honestly think that Elizabeth and James are better together. But don't fret about my opinion on this, please! I'm stubborn as a horse and, if you had told me that you preferred Amelia and Nathan over George and Nathan, I still would have stuck with George and Nathan, and I know that, just the same, you are going to stick with Elizabeth and Oliver. It's your story and I think you should write it the way that you want it to be and the way that makes you the happiest with it! In the end, I know I'll be happy with Elizabeth and Oliver being together, even if I do prefer James. It will be a good ending either way, I have no doubt.

You did the conversation between Elizabeth and her parents very, very well, I thought! It really sounded like the way such a conversation would go! Maybe the mother wouldn't ACTUALLY have read the letter out loud in real life, but for the story it was perfect because we never got to read that letter and it was quite clever to be reading it with both POV's in mind- that of Elizabeth and that of her worried parents. Excellent work! And, I have to say, it also was just the perfect cherry on top to have the mother return later to apologize, because that's so how mothers are! Too often today the parents are portrayed as the mean, heartless ones who just don't know anything and just want to control their kids. It was much more realistic to have, for once, a mother that reminds me of my own mother- protective and caring.

I'm so curious as to what will happen next! I really have no idea! You've got me sitting on the edge of my seat!
Luthien and Tari chapter 38 . 12/10/2007
That's so sad! Both the thing with James and Oliver's letter. But his letter was so sweet!
chocaholic92 chapter 38 . 12/10/2007
wow! that chapter was filled to bursting with stuff! I really enjoyed it. I am glad that everything is now in the open...I am not sure exactly how her parents will respond next, but...we'll see! Whoa, I didn't know James had that much violence in him to punch a wall...ouch!

Anyway, it looks like more is going to be happening that night...? I can't wait to see what! Your ending was kind of a cliffhanger in that respect. which means...update as soon as you can!

Anyway, thanks for this chapter, and enjoy your upcoming winter break, and new year, if you don't update before then ( I hope you do though!)
de wolf chapter 38 . 12/10/2007
oh foreshadowment...i wonder what will happen next.

well. i guess it's good that everything's out in the open now...it seems that they the news ok-ishly...like after the initial shock and all. heh.

i feel so bad for james. . oow broken hand? that's gotta hurt...
Jenn chapter 37 . 12/9/2007
Oh my goodness, what an emotional chapter. The imagery you created here is wonderful. I love the way Elizabeth is no longer a meek girl but a true woman, knowing her own mind enough to tell Jamie no but with good reason. Keep up the excellent work! Update soon!
Blank89901 chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Cute story :-)
Blcknblu chapter 37 . 11/29/2007
gah. update soon! this is really good, and i must say im glad she turned him down.

keep up the good work!
Blcknblu chapter 36 . 11/29/2007
yay. this is sweet. )
Blcknblu chapter 35 . 11/29/2007
This is so sad. I feel like im going to cry.
Blcknblu chapter 34 . 11/29/2007
AW! This was really good. i liked the description in the massacre. and a perfect ending ]
Blcknblu chapter 33 . 11/29/2007
This was intense. It was really well written. I would have liked to see her say she loves him back, but time will tell for that. good job!
Blcknblu chapter 32 . 11/29/2007
(I'm really sorry i didnt review-I've had no internet for weeks) This was sweet! I liked the small twist with Oliver suspecting Elizabeth is courting. I thought it was cute how he got jealous.
R.M.Whitaker chapter 37 . 11/27/2007
And I still love Jamie! Whew! I was really scared for a minute there that he was going to turn into some monster- but he's still the sweet, wonderful Jamie that I love :)

I do understand, though, why Elizabeth doesn't want to marry him. The poor guy. If only I can pull him from the computer screen and marry him myself! By Jove, I really would do it! And you know, of course, that that doesn't mean I don't love Oliver too. I adore Oliver. But if I were to choose one of the two for MYSELF (not Elizabeth), I'd definitely choose James.

As always, your writing skill awes me! I can only pray to someday possess half of your skill. The little romp in the leaves made me think, yet again, how good you are at creating tender moments. I'm awful with that! As silly as it sounds, I don't think I ever could have come up with that perfect scene myself!
676 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »