Reviews for Solitaire
lizzeril chapter 36 . 11/22/2007
I know I've said this a lot of times, you're such an amazing writer. The way you write is just absolutely beautiful. Anyway, I really like james coz he does love elizabeth. But James and Elizabeth being together just doesn't seem right. Elizabeth should end up with Oliver. I really hope he would write more often. I'm still hoping for a happy ending, with Oliver and Elizabeth ending up together. Can't wait to read what happens next so update really, really soon!
JustAMemory chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
I'm interested to see where this goes. Historicals are my favourite type of story, so this seems to be a promising start :) You've a very nice writing style, very classy and flowy. I'm eager to start the next chapter.
wookborm chapter 36 . 11/21/2007
OMFG. WHAT THE HECK? HE CANNOT BE HER BEAU! JAMIE IS HER BROTHER! THAT'S LIKE INCEST! YOU CAN'T HAVE BESSIE MARRY JAMIE! IT'S WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

YOU MUST HAVE OLIVER COME BACK, MS. RENEE! YOU MUST, YOU MUST, YOU MUST!

And ooh, that very last sentence: "If only he could have been so sweet and chaste and innocent forever."

Does that mean Jamie's gonna get all... aggressive with her? Or is she just lamenting with herself 'cause his feelings for her weren't friendly?

I'd love Jamie if she returned her feelings for him since the beginning... But Oliver's the one that deserves her, not Jamie...
Holly chapter 36 . 11/21/2007
Oh dear! How awful! I love Jamie because he is sweet and loves Elizabeth, but he is most definately not right for Elizabeth. She could never love him as she does Oliver. I miss Oliver too! Good job on a good chapter! Update soon please!
chocaholic92 chapter 36 . 11/21/2007
wow! I miss Oliver...I really do hope he was just being discreet, and hadn't forgotten her. It seems like him to be discreet...I think. BUt, yeah, I feel sorry for James, but their courtship still isn't right! I'm rooting for Oliver and Eliza.

And I'm wondering now about the last line in this chapter... "If only he could have been so sweet and chaste and innocent forever." Interesting...

Anyway, I am really excited to see what happens...update soon!
Sahara Hayden chapter 36 . 11/21/2007
Was Oliver really trying to be discreet in his letter, or has he truly forgotten Elizabeth? I find it hard to believe the latter. I hope we writes her again! As for James and Elizabeth courting, it's cute, but just not right. I can't wait to find out what happens!
C.F. Anne chapter 36 . 11/21/2007
*sigh* I'm torn! UGH. It's so awful liking both Oliver and James! I don't know who I want her to end up with, even though I feel in my bones that it will be Oliver...but what is the deal with him not writing? something is fishy. lol. Anyway, Beautiful chapter, once more. Post more soon. (:
LeenElle chapter 36 . 11/21/2007
Aw poor Jamie! I do love him, just like he loves Elizabeth, but he's not right for her because she loves Oliver, and Oliver loves her! Oh goodness I'm just distraught! I wish Jamie would find someone else that he loved, and that loved him! I don't know what to think! I'm so confused, I can't wait for the update...poor Jamie!
Stephanie chapter 36 . 11/21/2007
Wonderful chapter, as usual. But why do I have a sinking feeling that it's not going to be a happy ending? Well, either way, I know the story will be really great. Can't wait to see what you have in store!
chillychill chapter 36 . 11/20/2007
I absolutely love it. I guessed that james lied about loving her as a brother. i still want an oliver-eliza happy ending.
euphorictragedy chapter 36 . 11/20/2007
Oh goodness. I feel so bad for both of them. For James because he loves someone who will never love him that way and for Elizabeth who is in love with someone that lives across the ocean. This situation makes me think, even more so, that it's going to be a sad ending. I mean, Elizabeth is just so carefree that if James asked her to marry her, then she wouldn't hesitate because Oliver lives so far away and they could never be together... oh boy. I hope I'm wrong.
Gabby chapter 36 . 11/20/2007
Ah! My brain doesn't know which way to go! James is so sweet and really loves Elizabeth, but Oliver loves her and she loves him back! But Oliver is in London, not necessarily to be seen by Elizabeth again. What to do!
Holly chapter 35 . 11/17/2007
Oh my goodness. You have a true gift for writing! Your style is very elegant. I love your story! You have captured my attention from the first chapter until this one and it is fabulous! As always, I'm hoping for a happy ending with Oliver and Elizabeth!
Stephanie chapter 35 . 11/15/2007
I am so, so impressed by this story. Your profile says you're only seventeen, but I would have guessed you were much older than that, judging by your writing style. It's very mature and realistic. You have a real gift for imagery and description, and I've enjoyed reading this so much. I do really hope that Elizabeth and Oliver have a happy ending! Looking forward with great eagerness for the next update.

I think others have said this, but I really think you could get this published. It's that good.
Scarlet MacDuff chapter 35 . 11/13/2007
Oh wow! So I seriously almost started crying as I read the end of that chapter. The only thing holding the tears back is the fact that I'm working tonight and I don't want anyone to see me crying. Otherwise I probably would have let it all out! Good writing! I'm really enjoying this story A TON and I can't wait to see what happens in the remaining chapters!

~*~Scarlet~~*~