Reviews for Solitaire
Natalie Ann chapter 16 . 3/15/2011
Oh god. So awkward lol. But so accurate. Love it.
Natalie Ann chapter 10 . 2/27/2011
I don't usually read or enjoy period pieces, but I really like this story so far. I appreciate the accurate portrayal of the slow courting from this era. It's also wonderfully written. I'm excited to continue reading!
Sombra- The Resurrection chapter 6 . 1/5/2011
I love this story so much. i'm only on chapter 6, and it's wonderful. the way you flow from one topic to another, and you show other aspects, like the war itself, instead of completly focusing on the romance and nothing else. the way you show other people in to story, their own sides of the story, is wonderful! and my favorite part- your main character. everyone has the typical marysue, the standard outspoken, brave women. while i do like the sort of girl very much, it is severly overused, and your own character is actully a good example of of what women were like in the time. so all in all, i am extreamly excited with this story, and will know continue reading on. :)
Tink R Bell chapter 40 . 10/3/2010
I just finished reading this story and I really enjoyed it! You are a talented writer and I am looking forward to reading your other stories :)
H.R. Hall chapter 20 . 9/9/2010
Aw so sweet! This was my favorite chapter so far. I love cute marriage proposals. :)
H.R. Hall chapter 9 . 9/8/2010
Helo there!

I am really enjoying your story. I am unfortunatly sick and had to stay home today, and if not for your wonderful story I fear I may have been bored out of my mind! Though the protagonist is a bit simple minded, she is also endearing and her innocence is one of her draws. I am glad to have discovered you and your stories, and I look forward to reading your others.

Sincerely,

hrhall
midnitefaeri chapter 33 . 8/30/2010
I just got done with my 4th reread... And I'm posting on a random chapter because I've already posted before on the last chapter.

I cried so hard. For these last few chapters... And I stayed up very late to reread this.

I would like to let you know that my aphis history class made me want to reread this. :)
ShrimpoJewels chapter 40 . 8/29/2010
I read this in one sitting, I haven't been a huge historical fiction reader but this story was great. I loved it, great ending. )
A Tentative Possibility chapter 40 . 8/15/2010
I spent several hours last night reading this story instead of revising for my exams as I was supposed to, but I don't regret it at all. Each of your main characters has a distinct and well developed personality, and their voices are believable. Elizabeth's narration is extremely authentic. This is matched with a great story. I hope you get this published one day :D
Lyssrus chapter 40 . 7/7/2010
I just spent my whole day reading this, knowing I have loads of other things to do, but I couldn't stop. It was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful, and I'm so happy I spent fifteen straight hours with it. Fantastic job, really, I don't believe there's much more I could say...
Sayacinari chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
i love everything about this story. the characters are very memorable, especially elizabeth. and i enjoyed reading the little side stories with the minor characters. the historical aspect of the plot was well tuned with the central plot. and of course, i am very happy with the ending. the interaction and romance between elizabeth and oliver was definitely memorable and enjoyable to read. i quite like the idea of a forbidden romance between the two. anyways, great job, and you do wonders in the historical romance genre. keep writing. i really want to read more of your work!
yoyomaaa chapter 40 . 6/9/2010
Okay, I know that I am three years late and one hundred dollars short but I just discovered your story here, and I loved it. Adored it. I was so drawn into it that I finished the whole thing in just three days (which I prefer considering that otherwise I would have to wait through a whole year of updates!) and I loved it so much that in the end I cried. You're a wonderful author and I believe this story should be published. This was probably the best thing I have ever read on FP. Thanks so much for writing something that would tug at me, and good luck with all of your future writings :) ciao bella

soopaaflii
eiyuang999 chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
hi !

WordDit chapter 40 . 4/2/2010
Wonderful ending for an equally brilliant story. Thank you very much for sharing this fic with everyone.
WordDit chapter 4 . 4/2/2010
Imagery is definitely one of the best aspects of this chapter. Loved how you made the description between James', and Elizabeth's interaction at the end very vivid and meaningful.
676 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »