Reviews for Natural Disaster
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
i like the descriptions, especially in the last stanza. the ending is strong and finishes nicely. well done.
Isca chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
"I strive to bring even an ounce of happiness into your life." Oh! The angst here is completely overwhelming. I love this line! :D Good nature imagery throughout.
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
Wow this is just good. It's brutally honest and powerful. I love this. Peace.
Starfire17 chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
Wow this was amazing! I absolutely loved it.

The comparison with a natural disaster is perfectly fitting and the third stanza is filled with a vivid description of this.

The poem is extremely emotive and that last line is the killer. The italics and the shortness of that line make it's emotive impact even more stunning.

The metaphors that are used besides the natural disaster one such as the "dog with a bone" just serve to reinforce this almost graphic nature of this poem and I'm finding myself compelled to read it over and over, seeing new pieces to like each time.

The transition from wanting a miracle at the beginning, wanting someone else to take over or take the blame and the acceptance of guilt and responsibility at the end is wonderful also, providing a stark difference that just increases its effect.
GothicSpook chapter 1 . 11/16/2007
I love it. A very sad piece but excelently written!

x
daretobe-dIfFeRnT chapter 1 . 2/11/2007
i love the comparison, thats awesome
Anna178 chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
"I just want a miracle" I love that first line because I'm always one to say, "I just want perfection" or something along those lines and then revel in the idea that it shouldn't be a lot to ask for when it really, truly is, and I know that, which is what makes me like the idea. If that makes sense. SO anyway, good job there.

"ripping your lives up at the roots" Is another really great one, cause I could think about that forever. It's got a lot to it if you choose to look into it. I mean, the roots of a person, who they are, and the immediate relationship to vegetables I get from it. lol. Though it's a good thing. Sorry if that sounded mean or anything. I'm not the best at reviews.

Anyway, good job in all, I hope my long and rather pointless reviews dont bother you.

ANNA
AlboChick chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
sounds like your in a confused emotional state. if this poem is personal. i really liked it. i feel like this a lot. where your just needy and want all the attention and love and can't help but hurt or annoy the partner. very nicely written.
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
If someone could explain what Heart true is,

Could Mind's thoughts then make heads or tails of Love?

If someone could find real controls for Love,

Would Heart's hurricane ravages subside?

Sometimes it seems no matter what Love gives,

There's nothing that can satisfy Heart's whims;

Sometimes it seems the largest Loves are small,—

Insatiable Heart deems them all trivial;

I wish I knew why Heart lets some words loose,

Slinging them to maim or hurt Heart's Lover close;

I wish I knew why Heart dissatisfied,

Seeks to abandon what Love gives freely;

But isn't it the nature of all storms,

To wreck with winds of grey then let in sun?

But isn't it the nature of all Love,

To with a tumult sweet derail all Life?
Hidden Lies chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
Oh, I like this... one of the more different love poems. nice.