Reviews for Dragon Rider
sakine chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
hey, I only read your summary, but it sounds like you might like the book DragonSpell by Donita K. Paul, 'cause it's got some of the same cool elements (Dragons, eggs, girls, and it's finally a Christian sort of fantasy). Good luck with your story!
For the Kingdom chapter 6 . 4/1/2007
Nice.

One thing though:

It's 'a quiver of arrows' not 'a quiver of bows'. :)
For the Kingdom chapter 4 . 4/1/2007
Awe, Cade is so cute. I would like a baby dragon...
For the Kingdom chapter 3 . 4/1/2007
'You won't have to dear, you're fully awake.' I love that line! Very good so far. Very good.
Honey Beddell chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
Hm ... not sure what your plan is for this story.

But FYI ... there is a book already by this title by Cornelia Funke. And the plot sounds a little like a mix of Eragon and this other story (forgot the title).

Hope your story holds a lot of originality! :)

So far it sounds like it'll be an epic tale.

I think I'd like the prologue to have more detail ... actually be a scene rather than just a brief sort of summary-type deal.
lux in tenebris chapter 6 . 2/2/2007
I have to say, this is a bit too Tolkein-ish and Lewis-ish. I'm normally a person who loves stories like this (which would be the reason I'm reviewing it). But I'm getting a sort of sense of deja-vu. Have you read Eragon? If you're like me, of course you have.
lux in tenebris chapter 4 . 2/2/2007
I do like the name Caelyn, though. It's original, and very pretty. Now, I'm not one to submit one-line reviews. So- I can only say that maybe your chapters are a little bit short. But I've already said that. ) Other than that, you could just use a little more description, and your story would be awesome!
lux in tenebris chapter 2 . 2/2/2007
I like this story, and your writing technique has been awesome so far. However, I think this idea and plotline has been used so many times that if you want to get it published, you're going to have a very hard time doing that? Other than that, I just have one suggestion; perhaps chapter length could be on your side. A lot of times fantasy fiction like that has several hundred thousand words... I once read one that was unpublished by a friend of mine, and he wrote 400,0 words. Off to read the next chapter! )