Reviews for The Wizard of Bright Isle
Sarah chapter 2 . 6/30
Poor Kieran he just got caught in a world he knows nothing about but I hope he makes friends and develops his powers..
Lord Colwyn seems an interesting character and his animosity towards Asita seems like an interesting story.
Sarah chapter 1 . 6/30
Great start and kieran seems like an interesting character who is nice and gentle towards animals. I'm hooked
Rajz19 chapter 1 . 4/16
This is really great! :) Your story is really a great piece. 3 I'm so thankful that you made this story and its sequels. I've read the whole 4 series, and it didn't make me feel boring while reading the books. :D Awesome! The story has a heart! I'm looking forward for a sequel. :) Thanks again author. (y)
Emerald Dragon77 chapter 17 . 3/1
I love this story! I can't wait to read the sequels, and your other stories! Best- ;)
A Fellow Writer chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
This is truly extraordinary, it seems worthy of publishing. Excellent job.
Louis chapter 9 . 11/19/2014
In a previous chapter Kieran said he had never heard of far-seeing, now he remembers his mentor taught him how to block it?
Nbsiren chapter 17 . 6/4/2014
Love it
Guest chapter 17 . 3/5/2014
Well done! Quite engaging, well-written, and original. Makes for compelling reading!
tempted to rock chapter 2 . 3/1/2014
I still like it. But as good an idea as the whole 'conditioning' and rogue wizard stuff is, the concept is quite muddled and rough around the edges.
Besides - or rather; despite - that, it's an interesting world you created.
tempted to rock chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
I really like it so far. The concept is good, and it's easy to read. Good job!
R. Ficst chapter 17 . 1/10/2014
Absolutely loved it! Can't wait to read more of your work.
R. Ficst chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
I am definitely captured by this beginning! _
twitches456 chapter 17 . 12/16/2013
I love this story you should get it published if it isn't already! P
The.Flailing chapter 17 . 12/3/2013

...

THIS
IS BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE IT. SO MUCH. THIS IS AMAZING. THANK YOU SO MUCH! OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! Your style and your storytelling ability is fantastic! I was so immersed in this piece, I could not stop once I had started! 5 hours later, and I'm eagerly rushing this review so that I may continue the sequel!

I love your characters! So many, so well developed, so thoughtful and so well written! Kieran is fantastic! I loved him from the first paragraph! So kind hearted and devoted. The quality I have always valued most in life is loyalty, and Kieran's fidelity is so unwavering; he is easily my favourite character. I love his creativity his modesty. Edouard is also such a beautiful soul! So kind and level-headed and filled with a passion for life that I wish I had! I also love Colwyn. He's got such a father-ly feel about him, I'm so glad he turned out to be such a great character. I was unsure of how to feel about Anister at the beginning, but I think I quite like her. Her conversation with Kieran on the ferry to the White Shores helped change my mind. I'm also a bit undecided about Divwell. I liked her quite a bit at the beginning, but her suspicion of Kieran is a little disappointing, to me.

I love the world you've created, and moreover, I love how you've SHOWED it to us! So many authors struggle with this; they TELL instead of SHOW, but you SHOW US your world so artfully! I will admit that at the beginning, in the first few chapters, all the things with magic felt like you were telling us how it work, instead of showing us, but after that, you weaved it into the storytelling so well! Your world so so rich and constructed so thoughtfully! It's so beautiful and wonderful and yet you've only told us enough to understand it, and not so much that it feels detached and textbook-y. So beautiful!

AH I LOVE THIS PIECE OF WORK SO MUCH! HOW DOES IT ONLY HAVE 80 REVIEWS? THIS IS A TRAVESTY! Thank you so much for writing this and sharing it with all of us! Your words made me laugh at the jokes, bounce up and down in my seat with joy, grip my sheets in fear, and the action in the last few chapters had my heart rate through the roof! LOVE IT! THANK YOU SO MUCH! *heart*
koerle chapter 17 . 9/10/2013
As this story was already complete when I started reading I could finish it in one go. What a wonderful story you have created. The world you created shaped before my minds eye while I was reading.
Maybe it's because of this story is about a young wizard but it made me think of Harry Potter. Not because the story is similar but it does read equally fluently, The end unfolded itself pretty quickly, just like HP. But to be honest, I enjoyed this story more.
The characters are not over analysed and there is a good amount of description in the story as well.
Thank you so much for sharing this story! :)
102 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »