Reviews for The Wizard of Bright Isle
whotevar chapter 17 . 7/1/2013
While I did enjoy this story, its lack of real struggle made it two-dimentional for me. There was no genuine challenge standing in the way of Kieran and Edouard, even though it almost seemed at one point that Imbario would live up to his role as antagonist (with the death of the king), but he was just too easily thwarted. This lack of challenge made the end too predictable, passive and an easy downhill romp for the main characters.

Another thing that almost had me stop reading was Colwyn's constant gushing of how powerful and important Kieran would undoubtedly be when he first found him. Even though your writing is very good, that particular bit made the whole story feel amatuerish.

A minor observation: I found it very odd that the king, who'd been around for quite a while, had no close friends, advisors or other secondary characters around him other than Imbario. Even Edouard had his two manservants. The lack of any relationships felt too simplistic.

That being said, I liked how Keiran didn't act like the hero and was more or less genuine. You're also very good at keeping things interesting by mixing the right amount of description and action. One of the easiest ways of losing your reader is over analyzing charaters' thoughts and feelings, and over describing both characters and places.

Well, that's it from me. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it while it lasted.
phoenixlight chapter 17 . 4/10/2013
i love it...
John Keel chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
This story is great. You describe things really well and have a big vocabulary. I couldn't find any mistakes in this - I'm a bit outclassed here! Amazing story.
opelleam chapter 17 . 3/6/2013
I've just finished reading your story and i must say it was great and i really enjoyed myself Thanks for sharing
839538 chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Your descriptive writing is excellent. This scene reminds me of the beginning of Eragon, have you read it?
Guest chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
I reread this and I cannot believe you don't have more reviews! Lol. You should really try and publish this series!
siren chapter 3 . 10/28/2012
ugh these people sound like a bunch of pretenious bastards in waiting specially these so called noble wizards
NormaJean Beausoleil chapter 17 . 10/17/2012
great story! thanks for sharing!
Jdude1989 chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
This is the kind of story I love to read. I don't read anything that doesn't capture my attention, you sir, have captured my attention!
EtherealBlue chapter 17 . 9/30/2012
The link between the 2, it's like magnets, but so beautiful because we're looking at 2 children who still have this core of innocence despite the harsh realities of their life. I really like these characters, Kieran's quiet strength & absolute loyalty, Edouard's wisdom before his age... There is also a lot of work done on creating the Wizard's world. No wonder why it's one of my favorites!
CalliScribbles chapter 17 . 8/1/2012
I find it really interesting how Kieran is so passive about his future. It makes sense, but it's simply not a common character type, yet this exact attitude is one of the main reasons why the wizards aren't even more afraid of him. Also, it's evident how much he matures in between this story and The Royal Wizard.

Also, Lizette. Since I read the stories out of order, I'm kind of sad now.
Soraya Zeeva chapter 17 . 7/29/2012
Another wonderful story. I'm so looking forward to reading the sequel and seeing what happens with Kieran and Edouard. Justus and Landon are both great characters and I hope to see more of them.
dr3 chapter 17 . 4/1/2012
Absolutely wonderful story. Thanks for writing :D
i-wish-i-had-wings chapter 17 . 2/20/2012
i love your writing style, it's beautiful. your story really played out like a book, many good stories on here are just done in chapters, they don't have that typical flow a book has.

the characters were intriguing, but i never really got a grip on them, they are all still very mysterious.

i'm looking forward to reading the sequel, TWoBI was an amazing read! thank you so much for sharing )
windolin chapter 17 . 1/24/2012
I've just read this in one sitting, and all I can say is that it is absolutely brilliant!

Your style of writing is beautiful. I found everything so vivid, and well thought out/written; and your characters are just so lovely!

Thank you for the wonderful story!

I'm off to the sequel~