Reviews for The Wizard of Bright Isle
Kieran-95 chapter 17 . 7/8/2011
To be completely honest, normally, I would have skipped this story in the list, but something drew me to your stroy, and I'm glad. I loved it, I used to want to have magic when I was younger, and sometimes, as a teenager, I still do! another thing about your story is that the main character had my name! when I saw that, my mind danced, if that is possible. :P
mousegirl05 chapter 17 . 6/18/2011
Ah you are so talented. This is so wonderfully smooth and engaging that I stand in the midst of both awe and heavy jealousy. I loved your creature, the madrin, and the network of support you easily built up for our little Kieran. I do not think it's always easy to make secondary characters so tangible and enjoyable, but you do so well.

One thing that stands out clearly is the moment that it was clearly revealed that Colwyn was Imbario's son. Stroke of genius, that. The prior hints all made sense, and a cleverer person might have caught it, but that moment of surprise was so delicious, I wouldn't have ruined it with a supposition for anything. I've always thought that was a sign of true excellence: when a mystery is solved or a secret revealed and of COURSE that was the case because there was no other way it could possibly be given X, Y, and Z, but the reader still didn't see it coming.

Excellent. I enjoyed this and look forward to the sequel.
French Harry Potter chapter 17 . 6/8/2011
I LOVED this story, can't wait to read the Sequel!
moon01234 chapter 17 . 3/31/2011
This is an incredible story. I can't wait to read the other two. I really hope that they could be published as a trilogy if the other two are as good as the first one (which I don't doubt). Thank you for writing such a great story.

I'm your n•1 fan now.
The-Angel-Illusion chapter 17 . 3/29/2011
Wow, it's been a while since I've read some really good fantasy on fictionpress. I loved the story!
S. A. Hunter chapter 17 . 3/25/2011
Hi, I really enjoyed reading "The Wizard of Bright Isle". This work had an excellent, smooth flowing plot, you're a great storyteller. When you get published, let your faithful readers know so we can all line up to buy your books :)
J chapter 2 . 1/15/2011
I think I'm already in love with this story even though I've only read the first chapter! I'm so happy that you wrote this and that I've found it! It's a treasure to read!
Amethystars chapter 17 . 1/2/2011
Fantastic story, great characters (especially Imbario) and it's all set in such a neat world!
brightsun89 chapter 17 . 12/4/2010
I love this story! its so cute! Im looking forward to reading the next one! I love all your characters, good job!
ravynrants chapter 17 . 10/23/2010
Wow, this has been on my TBR list for quite awhile, and now that I've read it, I can't believe I waited so long!

This story just plain did it for me - it contained all the elements that I most love in fiction. Fantasy, royalty, wizards, magic, mythical creatures, and a bad guy who gets his ass kicked in the end. Fantastic. I also thought that the writing was quite good - nice flow, a pleasure to read, almost no editing mistakes that I noticed. The main characters were very likable, and the plot was definitely a page turner, so to speak.

My only (minor) quibble would be that the villain was a tad one-dimensional. I mean, the whole time I kept imagining him in the background cackling "mwhahaha I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!" LOL. Yeah, he was pretty obviously bad right from the start, and everything he did throughout the course of the novel was just what you would expect. But overall, I don't mind that too much, because the bad guy is usually pretty obvious and 100% evil in classical fairytale-type stories like this one. Actually, now that I think about it, this story was kinda like Harry Potter and Cinderella all rolled into one. Sorta.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I thought the story was great, and I'm looking forward to reading the sequels.
The Cheeze chapter 17 . 9/25/2010
Daw *sniff* i wanna Kieran
The Cheeze chapter 16 . 9/25/2010
I absolutly love this story! Expect me to read the other 2 :3 unfortunatly i'm having problems with reading it on my cell phone like I usually do, and any story really. That started a few days ago. :( Anyway, keep writing! Good Luck!
Pinkart1222 chapter 2 . 9/20/2010
This series is one of the best I hve read in a long time. Your use of different elements of action, and drama make it interesting and appealing. I can't wait to read all three of the bright isle stories. Your'e a really good author to be able to create a whole new world and make the characters and creatures that inhabit it so lifelike and poinant..
Rustaam chapter 17 . 9/2/2010
I love this story, it's so heartwarming and the characters are so believable! I actually read the sequel first, because I'm a ditz and I didn't realize that this was the first one. Surprisingly, I wasn't that confused because you did such a good job at recapping in the sequel!
daemonkieran chapter 17 . 8/25/2010
Kieran is a great character

his name in litlle dark one, right?

he is a focused individual who can back up Edouard all the way

i like that both of them strive to not dissapoint the otherit is a great relationship basis
100 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »