Reviews for The Wizard of Bright Isle
Thanatos-Eros chapter 17 . 10/12/2007
It's really good
BeneGesserit chapter 17 . 10/9/2007
I would have to say that this is one of the best stories in this site. The story was well thought out, there was nothing haphazard about it, nothing done just for the sake of doing. It really shows that MomsDarkSecret loves what s/he does... keep it up...looking forward to the next story...
Wakka02 chapter 17 . 10/7/2007
Urgh. It's getting a little cloying, are the two of them boys or girls? -_- I know what direction this is leading in but still there's such a thing as being TOO sweet..

Anyway. Besides that little part at the end, pretty much a good chapter, it provides a lot of leeway for future developments. One thing, Kieran is getting a little too powerful.. Just a couple of months (in the story) ago he was some lowly servant who knew only the tips of magic and now he can render any wizard helpless, forever or temporarily. Perhaps moderate his strengths a little, to slow down the pace of the story.. But hey it is your tale. That's just my opinion..
sylenctone chapter 17 . 10/4/2007
This chapter is wonderful as always. I agree with Edouard that Colwyn would be an excellent Royal Wizard while Kieran completes his studies. I don't doubt that they will hit some resistance in the form of other wizards as well as courtiers, the political machinations fascinate me almost as much as the growing relationship between the young king and his loyal rouge wizard. I love that they are each other's reason for their good behavior. Kieran is completely loyal to his king, and Edouard keeps on the right side of morality because he doesn't want to disappoint his friend. It is touching but also a very fragile balance. What horrible things would they be capable of if one or the other were harmed or removed? They seem quite codependent and disrupting that would be dramatic and probably dangerous. I'm also glad that Kieran's peers haven't completely ostracized him. He will need strong allies later on.

Which brings me to the fact that I am delighted that you've planned a sequel. I'll be curious to see if the little hints of shonen-ai will grow into something more in the sequel. But that is wishful thinking on my part, yaoi does tend to turn some people off to an otherwise fantastic fic. But *I* wouldn't complain in the least!

As always, thank you for writing and sharing your incredible talent with the web-going public. Notifications of your work in my mail just make my day.

Sincerely,

Your delighted (and slightly verbose) fangirl,

Jessy
koyama meryl chapter 12 . 9/14/2007
hello,

i just read the first 12 chapters and i love your story. sorry, but i don't know why you have only 25 reviews, really. the story is so good. in fact now it's 2:09 am and first i wanted to write this review at chapter 3 (because i was tired) and now you see what happend. but now i have to sleep some hours.

i know, a the author this review is not a lot because i don't write what you could better (because i don't find anything) but i can tell you i like best. ... okay, i can't, i like everything so much. the relationship between Colwyn and Kieran likewise Kirean and Euouard and so on. i believe you know everything you want to write and more, your world has no holes like often. when i read it i was in this world. fantastic

sorry for this short review and with the bad grammar but you see this isn't my native language, BUT if you can understand germany, than tell me, and i write you a two page long review in germany .

ah... i forgot to tell you, you are definitely {definitiv} on my story alert list and to my favorite stories list (and if you write/ have written (till now i don't look on your ... was hei├čt steckbrief auf englisch?... okay i mean this thing who i can look what since when you are registered, your user name, your stories and so on) more such fantastic stories on my favorite authors lis too *lol*).

bye till next time (and now it's 2:24 and i'm awake again, maybe i read some more )
Amere Mortal chapter 16 . 9/14/2007
Dammit! I should have been in bed hours ago! It is 7.30 am, and I have had no sleep due to discovering this story and being unable to stop reading.

I hope this is not the only story you have written, and I will be looking for more of them, once I have recovered from the eyestrain!

Thank you.
sylenctone chapter 16 . 9/13/2007
Well that is an interesting development. I can see that Edouard and Kieran will have some tough times ahead, but surely the removal of Imbario is an excellent first step. Though he saved their lives, I think the other wizards will continue to have doubts and fears about Kieran, especially as his powers grow and he learns new skills. And honestly, I am not so sure we've seen the last of Imbario. Imprisonment is not so sure as death. I am really looking forward to the next chapter. This story is wonderfully creative and well thought out. I truly enjoy your writing. Thank you for sharing it with the world.

Sincerely,

Sylenctone (your loyal fangirl)
sylenctone chapter 15 . 9/6/2007
Hah! I am so glad that blackguard was caught! Now if only they can make the charges stick. I am worried that he will find some sneaky way of getting out of them. I'm also concerned for Kieran now that they all know what he is capable of. I'm afraid that the Wizard's Hall will fear his powers and do something rash. I am also concerned for Edouard, his anger could prove his undoing.

This was an excellent chapter! Keep up the wonderful work and Thank you for writing!

Your ever worried fangirl,

Sylenctone

(Now I'm off to read your other updates! Yay!)
sylenctone chapter 14 . 9/3/2007
This is excellent. Thank you for letting me know that you'd continued the story. Your writing style, plot, and characterization really make the tale come alive. I love the growing relationship between Edouard and Kieran, and the almost paternal relationship between Kieran and Colwyn. I was quite surprised to learn of Colwyn's relationship to Imbario. It puts a distinct twist on everything and it seems that this is not necessarily common knowledge. I'm concerned that Imbario will not resign gracefully. I am, as always, eagerly awaiting your next update. Thank you for writing and sharing your work with everyone!

Jessy (aka sylenctone)

Loyal fan of nearly all your works
kurisu-chan18 chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
this story is awesome, i love it! please continue writing. i was overjoyed to discover that you had stories on sites other than thank you very much for sharing your stories and ideas.

kurisu-chan18
Wakka02 chapter 13 . 8/11/2007
Great story, good plot and great language. The way you use english is pretty good, far better than most fictions I've seen. There's something that puts me off in a sentence with grammatical, punctuation and all sorts of terrible errors.

The plot is astonishingly good too, very original and creative. A lot of stories just build off or directly copy other stories, and I'm happy to note yours isn't like that. If I must say though, there's far too much dialogue in this. It started out fine, but as the story progressed through the chapters dialogue grew more and more frequent. Half the chapters are dialogue now. I don't know, it might just be me, but maybe less dialogue would make it much more readable.

Otherwise, the story's great. Hope you update sometime soon, definitely gonna keep my eye on this one! :)
juz-crys chapter 12 . 7/30/2007
very, very well written story. one of the best i've read so far. keep up the good job. you've got my attention on this piece.

kind of realised that the two boys are getting a little close, might wanna consider changing the story's rating if the story is bordering on yaoi..
RahXephon chapter 11 . 7/18/2007
You've written a great read. I especially admire the professional writing skill. The story and setting are only mildly original, but it is captivating nonetheless. Though I'm 100 percent homophobe, I'm not that disturbed if the two boys ever get involved. It's actually quite heartwarming.
Sandster chapter 10 . 6/16/2007
A fantastic story thus far. I do hope you're inclined to continue, as I find myself wonderfully lost in the world and characters you've created. A job well done.
SequinPurse chapter 9 . 6/13/2007
This is *so* good, it's like a book or something... Awesome, wish I could write this well _

Heh, it even has that one relationship in it that is always rather ambiguous. I don't think you'll turn the Kieran/Edouard interaction into anything romantic but I can't help seeing it that way. (Since I noticed your other story involves a gay romance.) Of course, if it stays platonic I won't mind and would most likely read to the end to see what happens, just because I like it and fantasy has always been one of my weaknesses :)
106 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »